Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonny_boy

Does washing your face prevent breakouts?

Ido not wash my face every day, sometimes I go 3 days without splashing water on it or using a cleanser. I must mention that I have oily skin to the touch, which is very shiny.

Would washing my face reduce my mild/moderate acne. I.e Washing away the layer of sebum say twice a day?

I don't know since how long you have been doing this.. But frankly speaking washing your face everyday does help a lot.. I have read a lot about caveman regimen.. And I really respect all those people who could actually do that.. But I believe there is so much pollution in today's world that you have to keep your skin clean to get rid of all that dirt from your face.. I really can't imagine myself from not washing my face for even a single day.. Try n get yourself a mild cleanser.. Not those which are actually made for acne n all.. Just anything that is very gentle and which suits your skin.. I wash my face 2-3 times a day.. 2 times is probably the best bet.. I am sure it will help you solve the problem to some extent..

Just make sure that it is a mild soap. You want to wash off excess oil, dirt, and dead skin from the day; you do not want to strip your skin of its natural oil, this could cause even more sebum production. If your acne is mild, doing this once or twice a day followed by a light moisturizer (jojoba oil would do well at night, and won’t cause oily skin) will probably clear you up :-)

I prefer a castile soap (you can get from your local health food store) or dove bar soap is good too…

Hmmm interesting. Maybe it is true when people say "wash your face" lol. I'll give it a go though/

Is it better to jsut use water or should I use a cleanser? and can you recommend any?

Also is it really necessary to mositurize whenI've already got oily skin? I mean wont apply Jojoba oil make the situation worse?

Hmmm interesting. Maybe it is true when people say "wash your face" lol. I'll give it a go though/

Is it better to jsut use water or should I use a cleanser? and can you recommend any?

Also is it really necessary to mositurize whenI've already got oily skin? I mean wont apply Jojoba oil make the situation worse?

Use a mild cleanser.. I am currently using Johnson's baby top to toe wash.. Its pretty good.. Start moisturizing also may be once a day since you have oily skin..

Be careful Jonny boy, you are in the position sooo many of us wish we could go back and redo. You don't want to go down the road of excessive washing and trying tons of otc products. In my honest oppinion start by rinsing your face with water 1 or 2 times a day. Less is more, please..

washing with a mild cleanser 1-2 times a day doesn't do any harm to your skin.. Much better than only water..

You're on antibiotics and popping everything that shows up on your skin, I think you ought to do some more research. Water does a great deal of cleaning on itself but that really isnt the first reason I recommended it. Dirt as you call it, doesn't cause acne like you may think. The water is to make the skin exfoliate itself.

I do not use any antibiotics nor I pop anything.. I have done enough research on how to deal with acne.. And have experimented enough.. And I say what works for me.. We can have our opinions..

Fair enough, your signature just gave me that impression. I'm not here to discuss anything anyway.

I don't care what you saw in my signature.. I am happy with what I am doing.. And going to tell people just that.. Also I do not want to discuss this with you anymore..

You need to be able to slough off the dead skin cells, and water does nothing for that. While dirt may not cause acne, it sure does irritate the skin. The top layer of grime needs to be removed with a gentle wash in most cases (skin should feel pleasantly tight for 10-15 minutes). Cleansing TOO much can irritate your skin further, however, so stick to washing with cleanser at night and splashing water on your face in the morning for a skin refreshment.

Ok for the past few days I've been washing my face morn and eve with Dove Bar and my skin is a lot less oily. The dove bar really does feel as though it's moisturized me too.

I think i'll stick with this, as I ahve really oily skin and this seems to help a lot.