Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skitzz

Subcision blood clot query

Todays the 10th day since i had subcision done and the blood clots havent gone yet . How long do they usually take? I have some rather important things coming up and i dont want people to think ive had a c4 exploded on my face .

Well btw , the clots have lightened . But just a re-assurance as to how long they take to completely vanish would serve me really well atm :angel:

Cheers

Well i think within 3 weeks FROM the date of the procedure they should be nearlt compeltely gone. When i have had ND YAG for broken blood vessels, this forms small blood clotts under the skin and they are usually gone by about 3 weeks. Maybe 3 and a half at a push but by three weeks they shouldn't be visible to anyone else. I think in the next few days you should see them lighten alot more aswell.

Ok , so its been over 2 weeks now . For the past few days , ive seen absolutely no improvement . They are as dark and visible as they were 3-4 days back . I visited my doctor today who gave me a GA peel (20%) . She said it will reduce in the next week or so . But seeing the improvement or the lack of it for the past few days , im getting seriously nervous here . My face looks worse than it was before the damn needling process got done .

Any suggestion would be nice . Thanks :wall:

If your subcision treatment has been aggressive I would say they can last for up to four weeks. What kind of scars have been treated?

If your subcision treatment has been aggressive I would say they can last for up to four weeks. What kind of scars have been treated?

well, i had deep pitted scars on one cheek and normal black marks(but which went deep;according to her) on the other. Plus a few chickenpox scars.I could easily hear the scars break when she was doing it. The clots on the nose are still a bit elevated. I'll add a photo by this evening.

Do Vitamin C supplements help?

I think more important than Vitamin C is Bromelaine (from Pineapples) to reduce bruising and redness. I took a lot of Bromelaine tablets and still experienced red marks and bruising for up to for weeks after the treatment.

hey ive taken some pics of my condition . These were taken today

Again , i would like to add , there has been little or no improvement on the black marks for the past week or so . I dont mind taking vitamin c or bromelain supplements if it helps fasten the healing process in any way . But which would be more effective?

Any other suggestions would be nice as well . Thanks

hey ive taken some pics of my condition . These were taken today

Again , i would like to add , there has been little or no improvement on the black marks for the past week or so . I dont mind taking vitamin c or bromelain supplements if it helps fasten the healing process in any way . But which would be more effective?

Any other suggestions would be nice as well . Thanks

I had a small bruise on my left cheek from subcision performed on May 8th and it took eight weeks for it to resolve itself.

I used 70% lactic acid on it on two different occasions and just let it runs its course.

From what I've read, it's unusual for bruising to last more than ten days. However, it can last longer depending on how aggressive your doctor was and how easily your skin bruises.

Ok , hope this works

Would love any suggestions as always . Thanks

Looks like you have residual bruising.

Some people respond well to a topical Vitamin K cream for bruises; it did nothing for my skin.

Also, Arnica cream/gel is also used for bruising. Again, it didn't do anything for me when I used it.

You may just need to let the bruising take its course. Unfortunately, the healing process can be a slow one.

Ok , hope this works

Would love any suggestions as always . Thanks

Looks like you have residual bruising.

Some people respond well to a topical Vitamin K cream for bruises; it did nothing for my skin.

Also, Arnica cream/gel is also used for bruising. Again, it didn't do anything for me when I used it.

You may just need to let the bruising take its course. Unfortunately, the healing process can be a slow one.

how about bromelain? or vitamin C or any other vitamin supplements?

sorry if im being a bit paranoid .. just cant help it lol