Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello

I wanted to post my experience with red marks, so it could maybe help others

I have had acne in my 20s, I am now 39 and have gone under multiple surgery for scars, and 4 rounds if accutane. I am now blemish free, but have recently found out that those stubborn red marks that did not go away with surgery were in fact not scars or red marks, but very stubborn active blemishes / scars that have lingered for years.

Thing is, I cannot find any info on these "active" marks, so I am wondering if anybody else has had that experience.

I have experienced with a couple of active marks that have been there for 4 years, by adding a BP / mynocyclin gel / ingrown hair cream dressing every morning. Turns out after a couple of months the scars/red marks have flattened and are now a light pinkish hue as opposed to bright red.

I am guessing this had to do with some folliculitis issue, has there were a few random hairs growing inside the marks (I should specify I am a male with thick facial hair).

Has anyone else had this experience with "infected" scars or red marks / folliculitis ? Did you find any way to prevent them or cure them faster ?