Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cursed1

dermarolling/light therapy

hi just wondering if anyone can help me with this im using dermarolling and needling 1.5 needle i use the light box ive got every day 15 mins the ratings are 400-450nm 580-659 nm i have been doing this for about 2 months i see great improvments if i use the lamp everyday as soon as i stop for a day or even leave it till later on ie do it in the morn then leave it till next day night its back to how it was is the lamp just swelling my face up? im really worried about this as i did a chemical peel and the peel left scars all over my forehead so im worried if i frown alot its gona be a permenant effect which will look awfull! and im to scared to do a peel again as it left me with orange peel all over my face anyone got any advice please thanks

The lightbox isn't ideal, i'm guessing it is one used to treate acne? I remember you asking me before and like i said it is better than nothing, but not using proper LEDs will not give you as good results. I'm guessing it is a flourescent type of lamp? The spectrum you list is pretty wide.

I don't know how the lights can improve your skin overnight and then your skin go back to how it was before. Can't explain that sorry.

I encourage everyone to do alot of background reading and research into light therapy. Don't expect to get all anwers from people replying to you on here, the topic is far to broad!!

cheers for your reply its has 3 blue lamps and 3 red lamps in it 15w each i have scars on my forehead from a bad peel and if i leave it a day it makes the skin look loose a bit. at least it keeps the pores looking less worse than it actually is. anyone reading this dont do peels they suck! i thought it might be due to inflamation from the lights? oh and they are tubes if you have any links to any light units you think are better i would apperciate it. i believe the blue ones are acne ones yes. i do think you are correct with the light treatment and the dermarolling though i notice some slight differences from the last time i rolled like i say i havent been using this method long so i cant say 100 it takes time like anything i suppose.

The lightbox isn't ideal, i'm guessing it is one used to treate acne? I remember you asking me before and like i said it is better than nothing, but not using proper LEDs will not give you as good results. I'm guessing it is a flourescent type of lamp? The spectrum you list is pretty wide.

I don't know how the lights can improve your skin overnight and then your skin go back to how it was before. Can't explain that sorry.

I encourage everyone to do alot of background reading and research into light therapy. Don't expect to get all anwers from people replying to you on here, the topic is far to broad!!

Have been reading up on light therapy and considering giving it a go with the LED method. I don't suffer from acne any more and don't have any redness from my acne days so do I need fewer LED units?

Have read a few pieces I found through google, any suggestions of articles Lammarr?

Thanks!

Where does everyone buy their LEDs?

check out the light/laser section of these forums. there are tons of companies and different types of led's.