Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Omgggggg

Cortisone shots painful?

Im going to get one in a couple of days. im scared of getting shot. Is it painful? do they numb your face before injecting the shot?

No, it's not really painful. Depends, I guess. I've never had a cyst, but people say it hurts a lot. So I'd imagine it hurts a hell of a lot more when a needle punctures the cyst.

I've only had cortisone shot for nodules, which I rarely, rarely ever get, and it didn't hurt. I'd say it's like a sharp pinch.

It depends. When the cyst is on the jawline, I find it painful. But on other areas not really.

I don't think cortisone shots are painful... exspecially since the cyst usually hurts alot more. But just be careful of cortisone atrophy. I had a very large cyst injected in two places on my forehead and it left a very big dent that has made me very very depressed. if your cysts normally go away on there own in a week or 2. (Mine usually go away in about a week on there own) I would not get a cortisone shot. I know ppl that have cysts that stick around forever soo the cortisone shot is prob good for them.

Personally though I will never get another cortisone shot. I rec'd a cortisone shot in March and still have a dent from the injection. I've heard it fills in with time... But since March I have been extreamly depressed. Soo thats just something to think about. I know so many people get cortisone shots with no problems what so ever... but I'd rather you know of the side effect that could happen... since i had NO idea....and now i'm stuck with being depressed ..having this dent. I won't be happy until it goes away. if it even does :(Good luck though.. Just thought i'd throw in my 10 cents.

It has amazzzing results, let me tell you. I just got cortizone shots three days ago, after having three huge cyst-like inflamed zits, and within a matter of hours, their inflammation was completely gone...

It's really good for those who have inflammations. My doctor put me on steroids and antibiotics for a week after the shots as well, to make sure the inflammations don't return.