Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My life is like a rollercoaster (dont smite me for using cheesy cliches, there's a reason they're cliches) from all aspects of life. And getting up in the morning or getting ready to go out in the evening is no different. There are days where I get up and look into the mirror and think "dang, when did I get so sexy?" and there are days where I look and think, "wtf happened. I would have been mistaken for James Franco just yesterday, and now my face is just a real-life rendition of the elephant man?" Sometimes I'll go out in public and feel like a freak just because I get offended when people dont look me in the eye (because im unsightly) or when people do look at me (because they cant look away). Then all of a sudden, that paranoia drops off out of sight like a Hop-Hop single, because I look in the mirror when i get home and think "Oh. Well, that ain't too bad at all." And then there are days where I go out and feel the sunshine protrude right into my mind, feeling all normal and content, then I get home, look in the mirror, and think "...my god. how did i show my face out there?"

I think you get my point.

I have a theory that oily skin plays a huge role in this, because I noticed whenever I wet my face, my skin looks much cleaner. Still, its just a theory. Maybe its all in my head, and it all has to do with the value of my expectations. My face is an enigma.

Although I can't respond with a post as witty and well thought out as yours I can say I completely agree with the confidence rollercoaster. I don't have oily skin but I have been breaking out in the past few days, I'm guessing because of the monthly friend...but I look in the mirror and I feel absolutely disgusting. I think I experience the bipolar mirror mostly with my body, though. Especially lately. example: Friday after getting ready in the morning I looked at myself in the mirror and thought " O_O I... woah. I look nice." it had been the first time I wore skinny jeans in about 2 months and I definately saw the results of working out and everything. I hung out with my best friend and boyfriend and they were both telling me how I looked good and I felt great while I was with them...then I got home, looked in the mirror again, and I was almost embarassed of the way I was. My legs suddenly looked bigger than they had to me in the morning and I was freaking out, even though I had been walking all day and ate nothing but a spoonful of baked beans...

the mind is an interesting thing.

I often feel the way you do, OP.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I don't necessarily call myself sexy like you said :lol: But I say to myself, "Wow, I don't look all that bad." I guess that doesn't sound like much, but for me it's a lot from what I think daily. Most of the time I look in the mirror and feel like crying. It's not only my skin.... it's just my whole face. I pick out my flaws CONSTANTLY and it never seems to get better. But I shake it off anyways, do something cool with my makeup and hair to distract from it, and pray to God people don't think the same way I do.

I catwalk through the yard like a runway.

Join the club. :cry:

Whenever I do catch a glimpse of myself and think "man, I'mz hawt" I tend to stay away from a mirror the rest of the day. I know there's always that chance of not thinking I look so good later on in the day so I just keep the image of my beautiful self in my mind for as long as I can. It helps a lot that way in having fun and forgetting about all that other crap.