Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zizek

Weightlifting and acne

My acne seems very much contingent upon hormones. It seems that fluctuations in testosterone seem to cause it for me. I don't think things like masturbation and weightlifting cause acne, however doing them in irregular intervals does cause it. This seems to explain why women get acne around the time of their periods, why many people who regularly have sex don't seem to have acne, and, at the very least, me personally.

My hope is that my body will grow accustomed to higher testosterone levels and stop producing acne after awhile.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do you guys agree with my theory? How long do you think it will take for my acne to subside? Any tips?

No one can ever be sure of your questions. Everyone is different.

But your theory sounds plausible. I suggest you stop masturbating and weight lift regularly.

I highly doubt that your body will grow accustomed to higher testosterone levels, since high testosterone meaning Oily skin. If Oily skin persists then most likely acne will persist as well. Unless of cos, you have Normal skin which doesn't over produce sebum in the first place.