Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Calcium and Lime Build Up on Sink Faucet

I noticed today that my bathroom sink faucet had a build up of calcium, lime, and maybe rust.

So does the water that passes through the faucet have any different effect on my skin when I wash and rinse?

Either way, are there ways to remove the buildup other than CLR.

as far as the effects on your skin, i am not sure. :think: but a good way to get rid of the build up is to make a solution of equal parts white vinegar and hot water. put it into a spray bottle and spray it on. let it sit for a few minutes then use an old tooth brush to scrub it off. you might have to do it a few times depending on how built up it is. and yes, the vinegar really stinks when it is heated, but the fumes have to be better for you then what is in that CLR.

Guest missyjean130

I knew a girl that'd break out horribly when she visited some town her relatives were at...she always blamed the water.Whether there were other factors,I have no idea.Also I've seen commercials saying hard water dries out your skin,but then again,I don't trust commercials much either.

In the past 7 months I've lived in Arizona,Idaho,Oregon,and now Washington(don't ask lol) and not even the oiliness of my skin has been affected whatsoever with different water or even the climate.

Guest missyjean130
I used to live in a place where the water was really good - soft water. I only needed a little bit of shampoo to lather up, and my hands would still feel a bit slick after I'd washed them - which is gross, but indicates that the water doesn't have a bunch of minerals/build-up in it. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but my skin was almost always clear when I lived there. The climate helped too, as it was frequently cold.

Water problems are fairly easy to solve if you buy a filter for both your showerhead and the sink you wash your face at. Hard water probably does irritate the skin a bit, but it shouldn't be too much if your problem if your skin isn't sensitive. Also, never air dry as I think the residue sticks to your face instead of wiping off on your towel.

Lol,I air dry cos' I don't want Mountain Fresh detergent residue on my face.

I should probably use paper towels though,I'm tired of waiting for my face to dry.