Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gfunk

Going to Try cut out Soft Drinks

I drink a lot of coca cola.... A LOT, About 2 litres a day of it, and have been drinking it for about 2-3 years now. i have a feeling coke is one of the causes of my acne , so i am attempting to switch to water for a week and see if any results appear.

Boy this is going to be hard.... Ill post results in about a week

That's a lot of sugar. I used to eat 2- 3 bowls of sugary cereal a day and thought nothing of it. Then one day I decided to cut way down on my sugar consumption, and I have been seeing results. I still eat some sugar, but I have cut WAY down. No sugar cereal, no candy, no soda, nothing. I went from having a new pimple every other day to one pimple every other week. So although eliminating sugar may not be the be-all-end-all cure for acne, I think reducing intake can be greatly beneficial for some people.

I cut out soda completely for about 2 months and found that I didn't miss it much. My skin also improved. Now I might drink a soda on the weekend or another special occasion, and my skin stays the same as it was when I didn't drink ANY. So, I'd say every once in a while is fine, but 2 LITERS A DAY? That's just scary. Think of all the calories! And caffeine!

Your body will thank you. Good luck!

2 litters, that's a bit excessive even if it is Diet. Don't you get thirty w/ all that pop?

Anyways, if you are drinking the regular soda your acne may be caused by the excessive sugar and caffeine.

You might want to stop slowly or replace it w/ a lower and healthier caffeinated drink like tea.

I recently stopped drinking coffee/lattes cold turkey and went through caffeine withdrawal. I drank coffee for 15+ yrs previously. I only experience sickness for the first week.

And yes, my skin is a lot better after quitting the java and starting Spearmint tea.

Good luck

Yes i know its excessive its slowly built up more consumption over the years of drinking it. Ive tried quitting before but get pretty bad withdrawls and cravings...

i stopped drinking soft drinks cold turkey after i graduated college.

I wasn't studying anymore so i didn't need the caffeine.

drink tons of water, it'll help.

and if you are/were drinking diet cola watch a movie called Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World.

it talks about the dangers of artificial sweetener Aspartame.

I've pretty much had a can of soda once , the past half-year. It's pretty easy actually to keep it up. Maybe the first few days/weeks it's hard, but after a month or two, it's not tempting.

Good luck.

I'm positive that it was the cutting out of sodas that had by far the biggest impact on clearing my skin and making it less oily. After I'd identified and eliminated the allergen that caused my cyts, that is. My skin was Less than 2 months after the day I drank my last soda and began, only began, making other changes to my diet.

Anyway, I quit cold turkey and do not miss it one bit. And I use to believe I was addicted to coke and loved the whole nostalgic Americana thing about it.

The only thing I'm strict about is never drinking sugar. Other than that, my diet is just mostly very good with some indulgences. And it keeps me mostly clear.

Sugar isn't the only problem with sodas, btw.

Any updates on this? I've been trying to cut out soda and it makes a big difference. I drink water instead, so my skin is really smooth and the redness fades quicker.

I believe that cutting back on unhealthy beverages will make a difference..lucky for me I dislike soft drinks. I will avoid it whenever I have the chance, and if I have no choice I will only drink non fuzzy drinks.

I stopped drinking soda, too. Not for acne reasons but more to reduce my caffeine intake. I really love the fizziness of soda though, so I drink seltzer or sparkling water.

thats a no brainer right there. just by cutting out pop/soda and juice you can cut so much sugar out of your diet. you'll lose weight and feel so much better.