Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saintsvalentine

Anyone taking 200mg Doxycycline?

I'm currently taking 100mg of Doxycycline daily. My skin is mostly clear, better than before I was taking it, but I'm still getting nodular acne and minor blemishes on my chin and cheeks. I've only been on it for about 3 weeks. I'd like to increase to 100mg twice a day. Is anyone taking this amount of doxy? Thanks !!!

I took 200mg of Doxy for 18 months. It cleared my acne, but was not a permanent answer. I decided to wean off the medication more than a month ago and now have just a bit more mild acne than I had before.

I would talk to your derm about this, but honestly, I don't advocate the use of antibiotics unless it is necessary. Just make an informed decision and go from there. =)

Oh, and moved to the antibiotics subforum.

I'm currently on my first day of a two-week 200mg doxycycline cycle. I have moderate-severe cystic acne. I'm thinking of only taking it for those two weeks, and after another visit to my derm, wean myself off of it on the advice from the lovely people on this forum. Any thoughts?

I'll update you. :)

i took 100mg of doxycycline and 50mg zinc everyday since last month and im now 100% clear...my problem now is redmarks.. :mad: