Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, in just two days I went from a horrible breakout with at leat 6 cysts numerous pimples and many blackheads and whiteheads to perfectly clear skin. To keep it short, Ive been using desitin diaper rash ointment on my jawline (where my breakouts were occurring) and leaving it on at night. Honestly after just two days my skin looks amazing! I just thought I should share something that works so well! Its worth a try!

EDIT: I believe this was just an initial clearing, not a miracle cure as I wrote. I guess I got a bit overexcited about my skin being normal for once. I have posted later in this topic what has ACTUALLY cleared my skin long term.

An initial clearing isn't the same as getting clear. Some products will dry up the acne that's at the surface of your skin, but in order to know if a product really works, you need to be on it for at least a month or so to see if it keeps you clear, and to make sure that it isn't going to cause more breakouts in the long run.

An initial clearing isn't the same as getting clear. Some products will dry up the acne that's at the surface of your skin, but in order to know if a product really works, you need to be on it for at least a month or so to see if it keeps you clear, and to make sure that it isn't going to cause more breakouts in the long run.

Okay so I thought I would gove some clarification on what actually happened around the time I posted this. I think c'est hit it on the head, I had some initial clearing. Whether it was from the zinc oxide or just a coincidence, my skin had cleared significantly withing the two days. But soon after, the acne remained the same until I began taking zinc supplements (which make me get a period, regulating my hormones) and starting retin-a (which I believe to be a miracle).