Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PikaCane

Non-facial waxing on Retin-A?

I can't seem to find an answer to this one? I'm thinking about waxing (well, sugaring) my legs and *ahem* elsewhere-not where I'm using the Retin-A. Everything I can find is either about waxing where you're using it, like lip or eyebrow, or is about 'Tane waxing. The salon sites have a blanket prohibition but I think it's a CYA thing? Or am I nuts? (nutsier?)

i am wondering this as well, as i have a...waxing appointment for sunday and have just started using topical tretinoin/ziana last week.

i am wondering this as well, as i have a...waxing appointment for sunday and have just started using topical tretinoin/ziana last week.

Well, I'm glad someone answered, anyway :) I was starting to wonder if this was a 'duh' thing one way or the other and I was just missing it somehow, since almost no one's even looked at the topic! I gave up-I can't stand being, ahem, fuzzy, and I'm used to shaving so I just went with that. (I can't believe I just posted that on a public board.) I'm still curious, though, and if someone has the answer I'd be most appreciative if you'd share? Maybe I'm dense, but hey, it's a change from the same five questions week in and week out at least!

I have been on atralin (tretinoin .05%) for 3 months and have had certain areas not on my face waxed. There were no problems at all. So yes I would say it's just for the places you're applying the tretinoin. Hope this helped!

Yeah, the lady I go to for facials says she refuses to wax people who use topical retinoids. She said it practically rips their skin off and leaves the area raw. That's only on the areas where the retinoids are being used though.