Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 19

Seems like this last breakout is already starting to fade but the spots are still really red and kind of scabby. Normal dryness as always. I had a few new spots by my temple.

Ok well the visit was kind of...worthless. He didnt really fill me in on anything I didnt already know. Seems like all he is good for is filling my prescription haha. He also wrote me a prescription for some antibiotic which will help for my inflamed zits.

Day 21

Lips got worse today. The sides are kind of cracking so I bought some vaseline to put in the cracks at night. Nose still really dry and sore inside..at least it doesnt bleed though. Face still looking...GREAT...not

Day 22

No changes..still breaking out. Cant wait for this IB to end..its getting brutal.

Don't worry, you're only on day 22! It's going to get better! Believe me. You're very lucky.. You know that the older you are the more the success rate of Accutane goes up? And it actually is upped even more if you're a guy.. Because women are more prone to being more hormonally imbalanced. So I bet you that by the end of this course you'll have NO more problems with acne whatsoever. Woo!! I'll be keeping up with your log yet and trying to help as much as I can : )

You're a very handsome guy by the way, look out ladies, Jordan's going to have clear skin before you know it! ; ) they will be all over you. You're confidence is going to be sky high too.

Hang in there!

Day 22

No changes..still breaking out. Cant wait for this IB to end..its getting brutal.

Feel you man.. I'm 2 days ahead of you and I'm going thru my 3rd break out right now. Sucks big time..

@ Kimberly Ann- Hey thanks for the compliment and for the encouragement. It means a lot

@ Donn - Yeah its a bummer but I know it will pass

Day 24

Ok no new breakouts but I dont want to jynx myself. The worst one on my chin is drying up and part already flaked off after my shower today. I also played soccer for a few hours today and got pretty sunburt..which isnt good but the one plus is that it makes my redmarks look not as bad.

Side effects. Dry lips still, left side is cracked and hurts like a B when I open my mouth. Hair is noticeably dry. Skin drier than usual. No joint pains while playing soccer so that was good.

Day 25

Ok so I realize im overdue for my weekly pic update but Im lazy and ill just wait until next week haha. This IB seems to be calming down now and I havnt had any more breakouts. Just waiting for these zits to fade away. My eyes have been really dry lately and my ankles were really sore again today...but that was after playing soccer so im sure that had something to do with it. The left side of my lip is still split and nothing I do seems to heal it. It really makes eating/yawning a pain...literally. Face is now tan from the sun yesterday.

heyy jordan :) glad to see you are improving, and hopefully over your IB! ive only been on accutane for 9 days now butttttt my symptoms are exactly like yours! dry eyes, sore ankles (im on my feet all day at work :/ also working out most days of the week), dry lips. you might wanna try burts bees lip balm or just chapstick. those are working for me better than vaseline did. vaseline just seems like its all sticky and it doesnt soak in and work. well good luck!

@ Madielle thanks for the encouragement. Ill be dropping by your log from time to time to see how you are doing

Day 26

No new breakouts yet. Some junk worked its way out of a cyst on my right cheek today..gross but hopefully it will be smaller tomorrow. Some of the scabby parts are drying up and flaking off. Looking better than the last few days.

Just one question. I had my pills in my backpack and the foil part around one of them had been punctured so the pill was kind of soft from being exposed. I took it anyways but I was just wondering if being out of the package will affect the pill in any way?

Day 26

No new breakouts yet. Some junk worked its way out of a cyst on my right cheek today..gross but hopefully it will be smaller tomorrow. Some of the scabby parts are drying up and flaking off. Looking better than the last few days.

Just one question. I had my pills in my backpack and the foil part around one of them had been punctured so the pill was kind of soft from being exposed. I took it anyways but I was just wondering if being out of the package will affect the pill in any way?

I have had that happen to me a couple times while I was on my course.. Whether or not it affects how that specific pill will work that day.. I really don't know.

But even if one pill was a dud, it wont affect your overall course.

Day 27

Close to passing the 1 month mark :dance: Ok so today I only had one new one on my forehead and I couldnt resist the urge to pop it. Im so weak. There are two on my neck that look kind of bad because they are scabbed over and look light they had been bleeding. My face is a lot drier at the moment especially my forehead and the skin is getting flakey. I still have that dang joint pain. Im thinking of taking two of the fish oil pills instead of one each day until it goes away. I also got my 2 new boxes of accutane for month two today.

Another note that has nothing to do with anything. So I usually cut my own hair and so last night I was cutting it and I thought I was using the right size with the buzzer/shaver thing but it turns out it was the wrong size so my hair is SUPER short now. Im usually very careful to avoid stupid mistakes like that when I cut my hair...oh well there is a first for everything

Day 28

Freak...my day at work today was so stressful and its not even over yet..its really just beginning and im already exhausted and my brain isnt working. See I work in an office and I for part of what I do I deal with the passports and visas of a bunch of americans and today I took a big group to renew their visas and I dont want to go into details but there were a lot of problems which happened and I cant really control the situation but its making me super pissed off and stressed. This cant be good for my skin.

As far as an actual update....face is super dry today and skin is flakey. Eyes are REALLY dry and my lips took a turn for the worse and the corner is so dry that it looks like its developing a type of sore..gross. Some small zits popped up on my jawline.

Day 29

No significant changes. Seems like my spots keep trading out...1 heals and another one pops up somewhere else. Oh the joys of acne.

Keep your head up man! I thought I would never be acne free, I would wake up every morning with a new breakout. I stopped breaking out around day 80 or so and my face got really smooth! You will get there and you will win against acne! :) Good luck!

Day 31

Wow 1 month done already. It has gone by super fast. OK update time. Two new nasty ones on my forehead appeared last night and werent much better today. Part of one...popped itself in the shower. Other than that im doin good. Its super annoying dealing with this split lip and nothing seems to heal it enough that it closes back up. I really hope my package with aquafor gets here soon.

@ Pedro. Thanks man, I cant wait for the day when I stop breaking out and only have to worry about my old marks. That will be a great day

keep it up man im with u im about on my 6th week and still breaking out same if not a little worse but i know we gonna get there alot of people i talked to say after the second month u usually have had enough accutane in ur system to start working alot quicker...

Day 32

Freak i have these two cyst like spots on my left cheek that look horrible, other than that everything else is fading away at the moment and I havnt had any other bad breakouts. Its been a while so heres a picture update.

front Notice how my lip is all retarded and irritated because its split on that side

right Sucky

left :( Worse

I cut my hair btw haha

Day 32

Freak i have these two cyst like spots on my left cheek that look horrible, other than that everything else is fading away at the moment and I havnt had any other bad breakouts. Its been a while so heres a picture update.

front Notice how my lip is all retarded and irritated because its split on that side

right Sucky

left :( Worse

I cut my hair btw haha

Chin up, dude! Not far from now it'll clear up.