Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Hey. So yeah Im not exactly new to the site..but I am new to posting on this site. I have used acne.org for a lot of information about how to help treat my acne. I am 20 years old, active, I play sports, lift weight and I love to snowboard, wakeboard, play soccer, and I really got into ceramics as a hobby in High School. I have had persistent acne since I was in high school which would constantly come and go. It always seemed to be worse during the school year and then would more or less clear up during the summer. It seemed like constantly being at the lake and in the sun/non stressful environment seemed to cure my acne. But for the last year and a half it has gotten worse and nothing really seemed to work. Within the last few months the cystic acne I have been getting has been leaving me with significant scarring which kind of disturbs me so I figured I should really start taking it seriously. I used Proactiv for a while which actually did help but then if i ever missed a day it would always come back pretty really hard and never seemed to help my deeper cystic acne very much. So I scheduled an appointment with the Derm a few days ago and he prescribed me accutane and I popped my first two pills a few hours ago. Oh yeah I am currently living in Brazil and im sure that the humid climate played a major role in why my acne got worse. I will post a few pics in a little bit mostly just to help me track my progress.

I just wanted to give a shout out to those who have had success using accutane. I have followed many of your logs and it helped me a lot in my decision to start using accutane, also to those who are still struggling with acne. We are all in it together. Im fairly confident that I wont have many problems and that this course will be a success and For Sure im open to any comments/suggestions/random rants/dead baby jokes(haha so terrible)

Givin my Love to the West Side. Later

post-107577-1247339620_thumb.jpgpost-107577-1247339746_thumb.jpgpost-107577-1247339706_thumb.jpg

Alright here are some pics.

This is starting from DAY 1:

Popped the first two pills. Starting with 40 mg. Wish me luck

post-107577-1247339620_thumb.jpg

post-107577-1247339706_thumb.jpg

post-107577-1247339746_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Good luck to you. I just took my first pill yesterday so I am only one big day ahead! I like you have been reading the postings for a long time and they have helped me. I look forward to following your logs.

Red

Try Accutane, I Cameron D, have recently used it after battling acne -usaully quite severe- for about 4 years, I recently have been perscribed Accutane. I've been on it for the past 5 or so months...it may sound like I'm a person being paid to do a testimonal for them! But it honestly changed my life, how? Well let's just say your life is changed when your acne is in such good condition that you finally feel attractive again and feel like you truly do have a chance with that girl across the street (for example)

I seriously believe it would help you too, while lots of people continue to say how it causes suicidal thoughts, as long as you notify your doctor if you experience this rare side affect, you'll be okay. You seriously should consider taking Accutane -talk to your doctor, I did and now my confidence and apperance have been restored.

Best of luck to you! Try Accutane, I did and now my life is better -literally.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me [email protected] or message my Facebook: Cameron Doerr

Hey Jordanmac7,

Thanks for stopping by my log. Your acne looks similar to how mine was. Accutane for sure will do wonders for you. I guess things are different down in Brazil. Good luck with your treatment!

How many mg's are you on?

Day 3

Ok no real changes, my face actually looked worse yesterday than it did today. Still no side effects. My throat feels a little dry but it was really windy and chilly yesterday. That and one of my roommates is coming down with a cold so that might have something to do with it. I dont think I have ever drank so much water in my life as i am now because im super paranoid haha.

;) water is one of the best things to combat side effects, I haven't let my water bottle leave my side during my course and I haven't had to deal with any of the harsher side effects like muscle soreness and fatigue.

Good luck on your course man, It'll clear you up good

hey man thanks, i appreciate that. And good luck with your course too, I'll be sure to check how everything is going, and hopefully we'll all have clear days ahead of us

Day 4

Quick update:

Freak I actually broke out with several whiteheads today. UGH. Face also feels kind of oily..but maybe thats because I had been on BP and stopped using it when I started the course and so my skin is reacting. Throat is still dry and a little sore.

Day 5

I broke out some more on my jawline...i wonder if I am actually experiencing an early IB? A little dis-heartening but no worries. It will get better :pray: I think I will update new pictures every 7 days

Congrats on starting Accutane! I just finished my first month and it's a real rollercoaster, but if you can hang on with all of the side effects, you'll come out with clear skin. Some people break out the minute they pop a pill, and others (like me) instantly clear up. Then I had a horrible IB two weeks later, lol.

In any case, any questions I am happy to answer. And good luck!

good luck on your accutane course i just finished mine 7months 80mgs i loved it best thing i ever done just give it some time you'lL get clear it took about 3months for me to get totally clear just keep it up you will get there

BEST OF LUCK

@Angie and Littlewinded

Thanks for the encoragement. I am pretty hard headed when i decide to do something and I already decided I will finish my course. Im starting to think more and more and im getting an initial IB because I get new whiteheads everyday. Good news is that they seem to go away quicker but its hard to not squeeze them.

Day 6

Lots of more whitehead breakouts. Was really thirsty today. No real improvement and still havnt felt any dryness effects.

you'll get there dude accutane going to bring everything out before it starts clearing you up it took me about 1 1/2 months before i could see that it was really working hang in there dude

BEST OF LUCK

Day 8

No big changes. Lips feel sensitive but my joints are kind of sore..especially in my ankles. I need to go buy some fish oil supplements.

Well I said I would post weekly pictures so here we go. IMO its doing a little worse and my face feels/looks more oily than normal. It also seems to look worse in the pictures than when i look in the mirror...meh

wooo I'll be watching your log like a hawk, since you started just about the same time/dosage as me. lets kick this acne curse where it hurts. best of luck!

Hey thanks for the support lebeck

Day 10

Face lookin a little better. No whiteheads ATM. I played soccer today and my ankles are REALLY sore. The joints feel weak and tender and it hurts to walk...but the pain is barable

Day 11

Things are definately improving now and several people I work with have commented that my face is looking better. Downside is that my lips are dry now and the last 2 days I have been using chapstick like all day. It doesnt really leave my pocket now haha. Ankle joints are still sore.