Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anticlient

anticlient's DKR log - the end

MARCH 17th, 2011: BYE GUYS. :)

I'm taking a break from the internet to deal with school and my own personal well-being... I've deleted (or am currently deleting) the majority of my Regimen log posts and related pictures, but encourage anyone dealing with acne to try the products here.

It took me years to find this site and end up trying the products, and although I still get breakouts (sometimes bad ones, even), I always clear up within a few weeks using the Daniel Kern kit. It's effective, but for me, it has never kept me truly 100% clear. That said, it generally keeps me at 90-95% clear if I'm consistent and gentle. When I get breakouts, they're usually tied to my poor college sleep habits or general laziness. :whistle:

The new moisturizer is awesome, and the jojoba oil and AHA+ are a superb addition to an already good regimen. Coming from someone who had moderately severe acne and some pretty bad scarring for 3-4 years, I can't even begin to explain how these products have improved my self-image. I saw results quickly (lucky!), and many people do not believe that it's me in the old pictures I show them where I have acne. (If you saw my pics before on this site, I'm sure you've thought or commented something similar to me, hehe.) :cool:

So, give it a try, and even if it doesn't work, do not give up. There are so many other options out there for you, and something will work. I wish you all luck on your journeys to clear skin. :dance:

Edited by anticlient

Have you considered adding AHA into your regimen?

I thought about it... I'm getting the jojoba oil for sure in the following weeks, hoping it will reduce redness/flakiness, which I have quite a problem with.

I guess I'm just afraid the AHA+ will be too strong, or will break me out even more, initially.

I thought about it... I'm getting the jojoba oil for sure in the following weeks, hoping it will reduce redness/flakiness, which I have quite a problem with.

I guess I'm just afraid the AHA+ will be too strong, or will break me out even more, initially.

The jojoba oil should help a lot. And the AHA is strong, but most people can handle it. I was worried about purging when I added it into my regimen, too, but it actually went really smoothly. Even if you do purge when/if you add the AHA, it shouldn't be too bad. Plus the BP will help clear it up. AHA might help smooth things out. Might be worth considering.

Oh wow. The progress is pretty amazing. :]

Thank you. ^_^

The jojoba oil should help a lot. And the AHA is strong, but most people can handle it. I was worried about purging when I added it into my regimen, too, but it actually went really smoothly. Even if you do purge when/if you add the AHA, it shouldn't be too bad. Plus the BP will help clear it up. AHA might help smooth things out. Might be worth considering.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, then. If I got both, I would truly have the whole acne.org kit! Haha! ;] I'll pass it by the parentals later this week, and see if they would get both for me...

Just ordered jojoba oil and AHA+ yesterday!

I also went to sleep early for once, only to wake up with some little whiteheads. Huh. :/

your skin looks friggin amazing! i took a pic of myself yesterday and my skin looks almost identicle to where you started...i just ordered the dk starter kit so i hope i have the same results. sorry about the irritation on your chin :( but overall...your skin still looks great!

your skin looks friggin amazing! i took a pic of myself yesterday and my skin looks almost identicle to where you started...i just ordered the dk starter kit so i hope i have the same results. sorry about the irritation on your chin :( but overall...your skin still looks great!

Aha, thank you! It was so frustrating starting out, especially after the initial purge... but if you stay with it, I think you'll see great improvement. A million GOOD LUCKs to you. :dance:

Wow. Your skin looks absolutely amazing! And your eyes in the last two pics are really pretty. I've never seen someone with eyes that blue.

Wow. Your skin looks absolutely amazing! And your eyes in the last two pics are really pretty. I've never seen someone with eyes that blue.

Why, thank you!

Oh, and ssssh, here's my secret: I wear color contacts. :cool: I'm glad you couldn't tell, ahahaha. People always ask if that's my real eye color, and I always let them down by saying "no". Sometimes I just pretend it is, and they kind of go "woooah" and look closer. Hehe.

It's great fun. :clap:

But in reality, I have brown eyes.

you look great :) I'm glad it cleared up so well for you.

Thank you! :dance:

Wow, your skin looks great!!! I'm starting the regimen tonight and this is really inspiring :)

And btw...what is AHA?

Wow, your skin looks great!!! I'm starting the regimen tonight and this is really inspiring :)

And btw...what is AHA?

Thank you. :) AHA+ is an add-on to the Regimen, it's pretty much glycolic acid. It can help with scarring, be used as a spot treatment, or even as a moisturizer. You can buy it from the site, check the products page for more info.

Your before and after pictures look so awesome- great improvement!! I hope my skin clears up like yours did! I just started the Regimen and it's difficult to be patient :boohoo:

Your post acne marks have completely banished. How long did it take for them to fade?

Wow.. I haven't been on the regimen as long as you have, but I am anticipating good results!

My main struggle, is staying on the regimen. I keep trying to veer off course to see if I can get even better results.

I am clear, with one active pimple under my chin (thank god nobody can really see it!!)

Congratulations on your clearness, your skin really looks beautiful. I can't tell you ever had acne.

Wow! Thank you for posting your progress here :) It's really uplifting for me to see (I'm only on week 3). I'm glad to see the regimen worked for you.