Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharks12

Deep Chest Acne - Please Help

Okay guys, I am 16 years old, and for about 2-3 years, I have always had severe chest acne. I get normal acne on my face and forehead, but those are easy to get rid of. The thing with my chest acne is that it is so deep, that it is not even a bump, it's more like scars on my chest. I try scrubbing with acne treatments, and although it does fade a bit, not completely. Here is what I mean.

post-107548-1247299955_thumb.jpg

post-107548-1247299955_thumb.jpg

New members can't post links right away--it's a precautionary measure we take to prevent spammers and advertisers. You can upload your picture as an attachment, though. ; )

Also, scrubbing isn't a good idea with acne-prone skin. Scrubbing can irritate your skin, which can actually make the acne worse. Instead, try being gentle with your skin. Cleanse the affected area with a gentle cleanser, treat it with the treatment of your choice, and then, if you need to, moisturize. But keep it all gentle. That way your skin can heal itself.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will keep that in mind. I posted a pic so that you can get a better idea of how it is abnormal acne.

I wouldn't call that abnormal. It just looks like you had some deep acne and it left scars and/or hyperpigmentation.

What kind of treatment have you been using? And are you just trying to treat the acne, or the hyperpigmentation/scarring as well?

well i want to treat both, it doesnt even look like acne now. just purplish scars. i dont know if i can get rid of those

Sometimes I get these, I find the only thing that works on them is dabbing Hydrocortisone on them.