Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
camcorder

Has anyone had success with Cephalexin? (Keflex)

Hey, I hope this isn't a repeat thread, and I think it's the right place. So here we go!

Hi! I'm going back on Cephalexin because I was stupid, and didn't give it enough time to work.

So I was wondering.

Have you been on Cephalexin? Have you had success? Did you not get the results you expected?

Did you hate the horrible smell and taste!?

Haha. Please reply if you've been on this antibiotic. I want to get feedback. And see if you guys can give me hope, or get me to not feel bad when it doesn't work.

Praying for the first one, plz!

:]

i was just prescribed this too......ive never heard of it so im kinda weary of dropping my minocycline for this new drug. (i just went to a new derm after getting another frustrating break out) i guess ill see. i just hope i dont get an initial breakout from this.

I've been on this for about 3 months now, I take it twice a day morning and night and up until about 4 days ago I was doing fine, then I broke out and I'm trying to recover from it.

Regimen:

Neutrogena- Extra Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena- On the spot- full dosage

Moisturizer - Olay Complete

Taking a multivitamin and the Cephalexin along with it.

Suzylee-

Epic avi, The Stripes rock hard.

And yeah, it's like unheard of. Hence why I made this thread. Not a lot of people have been on it from what I have seen.

It's been improving my skin really well.

Random- Do you think it has worked well for you?

Another day with another huge headache.

I'm not sure if it's these pills or what.

It doesn't say it's one of the side effects.

I was reading this article on mixing antibiotics because I was curious.

And this one lady said her son was on tetracycline for acne, and he got an infected lip. So the doctor prescribed cephalexin for it. She said her son had to go off tetracycline so that the cephalexin would work. She said after he went off tetracycline his acne flared up.

Maybe this was because of the sudden withdrawal from the antibiotic? I was just posting because it was interesting that two antibiotics prescribed for acne could come together in a situation like this.

Also I thought I would bump my topic a little bit. haha.

Plus I was kinda wondering about mixing the two antibiotics, but that might be a little well...stupid.

I've been using keflex for just over two weeks now, and my skin was clearing up for the first week of use (not sure if it was the benzyl peroxide or the antibiotic). Anyway, this week my skin has broken out pretty badly. I'm hoping that this is just how it works, you know, 'worse before it gets better'. But yeah, I shouldn't be too optimistic. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

And yeah I agree, it does taste and smell awful! x_X

I used cephalexin to calm down my sever acne. I wouldn't say it got rid off it but it did calm it down and made it less red. If you have mild acne it might work for you