Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
George's Sister

Change I can believe in.

You made it!!! Well done! You skin is looking fabulous, you must be very happy! Keep us posted with how things go in the next few months won't you? How are you feeling emotionally? x

I'm so happy to see such amazing results! One month down and 5 more to go for me, I'm looking forward to having skin as beautiful as yours =D Congrats!!!!

Just wanted to say that I just read through your entire log. I've had two different dermatologists recommend Accutane to me, and so far I've resisted. But, you log has inspired me! I won't make a final decision on Accutane until my appt on Friday.

Thank you so much for this log. It's a real encouragement!

Your skin looks fabulous!

Congrats on finishing Accutane!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

So, it's been almost two weeks since I finished Accutane - (wow, already?) and my lips are much improved. I still need a little chapstick from time to time, but I no longer smear on the Aquaphor in desperation. My chin seems to have stopped flaking, too. My hair is still shedding a lot, though.

Skin seems pretty much the same as before, which is good!

Ive been reading several logs latley and they are all great like yours. Hope everything is still clear.

Any updates Georges sister?

i am actually seriously happy for you

you had some great results

good for you

i am on my fourth month right now and your red marks seemed to clear up really well

you do look very beautiful

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while.

So it's been about 3 months since I finished Accutane, and my skin still looks GREAT. No acne at all! Red marks are mostly gone, but I can still see some scarring along the sides of my face where the cysts were the worst. It's possible that they're permanent. With makeup, though, it's not very noticeable.

My skin and hair have gone back to (almost) their former oiliness. Even though I'm not as ridiculously oily as I was pre-Accutane, it's still kind of a bummer.

As for hair loss, well, I still feel like I'm shedding a lot of hair. However, as before, my hair looks healthy and normal so I'm not worried about it. I'm still hoping it goes away, though.

No other side effects. Lips are normal, thank goodness.

Going on Accutane was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I only wish I had gone on it years earlier.

Small update...my skin is still doing great. A few weeks ago I had a very small breakout, but the zits are seriously tiny. They clear up in about 2 days and barely bother me at all. No cysts! If breakouts keep happening, I may start using a topical medication, but I'm not worried about it right now.

My skin and especially my hair are pretty oily. Kind of a bummer; I was enjoying not being all shiny while on Accutane. Oh well, though!

The hair loss seems to have stopped. My hair looks healthy and full.

Best wishes to you all!

hi! i remember commenting on your log a while back when you were in the first month of tane or so (: just wanted to say you look amazing!!! i'm on day 3 of tane, i really hope i get the same fantastic results as you did.

Hey everyone! It's been a while. Here's quick update, about 6 months since I finished.

My hair and skin have returned to their pre-Accutane oiliness. My hair is so bad, I have to wash it every day or else it's noticeably greasy. My skin is pretty oily too.

I've been having some very mild acne, just a few tiny pimples here and there on my face. But nothing on my back, chest or neck. I am going to try and get a topical medication from my dermatologist, that should be enough to keep this acne away.

The red spots on my face have all healed; there are just a few scars around the sides of my face. They're probably permanent, but not very noticeable.

I'm a little bummed that my oil glands have apparently totally recovered from five months of nuking by those little red pills. What can I say? Dunk me in the ocean and I'm the next ecological disaster.

But overall I'd say that Accutane has been a success. I am happy with my skin; I no longer cringe whenever looking in the mirror.

Hey there :) We were on the 'Tane around the same time, I followed your log and was amazed with the results. I just saw your 6 month update and I can say I'm in the exact same boat as you. My oil returned to the point when it is as bad as before, both on face and hair, which translates to - washing hair every day, blotting and dabbing compact powder to minimize the shine every few hours. On the whole though, I'm satisfied and grateful that I no longer get acne (everything I had since stopping 'Tane was very very mild) so I try to enjoy it despite the oil. You could ask your dermatologist for a Differin prescription (it's the mildest of the retinoids). I've been using it ever since I stopped 'Tane and I believe it has helped tremendously with keeping my pores unclogged. Best of luck!

I just can't believe they still haven't found a cure for oil only :(

Edited by arwena

Hey chick. I hope your skin continues to be manageable. It is a shame about the oiliness returning, but as long as your acne is under control, that's the main thing I suppose. Keep us posted. I'm jealous that your red marks faded. Mine are still persisting, and I've had a few minor break outs. Nothing like it was, but still annoying. x

Hi everyone. It's been about 2 years since I completed my Accutane treatment. My skin continues to look amazing. I get the occasional small pimple. My skin and hair are kinda oily, but not as bad as they used to be. I think the only lasting side effect I experienced from Accutane was that the right corner of my mouth tends to split open sometimes.

Here's a recent photo of me. It's not the most flattering angle ever, but as you can see, my skin is clear. I didn't Photoshop this at all.

13yihl4.jpg

This is what my skin looked like pre-Accutane.

post-104724-1258930333_thumb.jpg

Going on Accutane was one of the best decisions I ever made. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.