Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 1? Ok so I did my first blood test and all that good stuff then proceeded to drop off my prescription for some 40 mg of Amnesteem.I have a couple questions being new to all this good stuff, so this is probably a good place to ask them and hopefully update this log when I can. First off I picked up a mild cleanser Cetaphil for all skin types. Is this any good, and how often should I cleanse with that while on the Accutane? I know you technically don't have to use anything but what the hell. Also grabbed some burt's bees chapstick, and some Cetaphil lotion too. Any recommendations for a good lotion? I've used the cetaphil lotion before and its kinda thick. Also last question, I was recently on Doryx but stopped it a couple days ago. I'm aware tetracyclines and Iso. can have a very bad reaction, so how many more days should I let pass before starting up on the Amnesteen? Or will i be ok having already let a few days pass before my last doryx pill was taken? I don't wanna end up in a hospital for being a dumb ass so I figured I'd ask haha

Thanks

Hmmm, so I think its about day nine now and my skin hasn't experienced an IB or anything too dramatic thus far. At the most maybe some cracked lips but its nothing! I am pretty stoked about this treatment so far, after reading about all the negativity that surrounded this drug at first I'm quite surprised to find its actually had an adverse affect on me. I have not experienced feelings of sadness or anything and have confidence that it IS actually working in such a short period of time. I have also forgot to mention I am a 19 year old male on 40 mg a day, and being a college student I sometimes smoke z' ganja. In fact I've loaded up these past 3 days and it doesn't affect me any differently aside from maybe getting higher haha. My skin seems a little less oily already, i'm just kinda wishing it would get really dry because then I know it would be in full gear haha. Its a good feeling knowing I can do all my normal activities and have confidence that I don't have to wipe the tip of my nose with my shirt in fear of it shining Like a fucking mirror you can see your reflection in. :shrug: So yeah big ups and positive vibes so far and hoping for some continued success, I'l try to update this bastard when I can... I'm slackin. Oh, would any vets who didn't get an IB as well care to let let me know around when i may see alot of dryness (ie lips and all)? I wanna be prepared and order that aquasex stuff if i need to! Also thinking about ordering some emu oil and jojoba off the internet to try and moisturise while maybe fading red marks at the same time. I hate wearing lotions because my skin is too glowey with them onn.

Hey, I too am on 40 mg of Amnesteem and I'm in my second month. I did not like Cetaphil cleanser as it does not take off makeup, so it may be good for you. I also didn't like the lotion for my face as it irritated it, and it's starting to feel icky on my body. I use Purpose Facial Cleanser which is great. I have a prescription moisturizer I use in the morning and that gets mixed into suncreen and I use olive oil at night as my moisturizer.

Like you I started clearing up right away, but what I didn't know is that my IB was on it's way. So not to scare you, but I really thought I was one of the lucky ones and it turned out not to be the case. I've only come across a few people who didn't have an IB and continuously cleared up, but those people also had more mild acne.

And keep up the posting--it gets a little lonely sometimes, but people (users and guests, alike) are reading this whether they reply or not. :)

Hey, I too am on 40 mg of Amnesteem and I'm in my second month. I did not like Cetaphil cleanser as it does not take off makeup, so it may be good for you. I also didn't like the lotion for my face as it irritated it, and it's starting to feel icky on my body. I use Purpose Facial Cleanser which is great. I have a prescription moisturizer I use in the morning and that gets mixed into suncreen and I use olive oil at night as my moisturizer.

Like you I started clearing up right away, but what I didn't know is that my IB was on it's way. So not to scare you, but I really thought I was one of the lucky ones and it turned out not to be the case. I've only come across a few people who didn't have an IB and continuously cleared up, but those people also had more mild acne.

And keep up the posting--it gets a little lonely sometimes, but people (users and guests, alike) are reading this whether they reply or not. :)

Thanks for the comments mrs. Angie, and I will keep updating don't you worry haha. The cetaphil honestly does look like ejaculate, you are dead on about that.Ha, and I thought I was the only one who thought that. Aside from its liquid like appearance I still continue to use it and I think its probably better for a man's face like you mentioned because we don't have to remove make-up etc. Although there are more and more dudes who wear makeup these days /sigh. As to your warning of an IB to come I will take note of this, but I do in fact have more mild/persistant acne, its just my skins tendencie to not wanna heal red marks or respond to the other treatments ie antibiotics, over the counter, prescription BP, etc etc that made my derm want to prescribe the tane.I don't really have any before pics except for maybe some graduation ones, but I will try to post some since my skin hasn't changed too dramatically since day 1, maybe just alot less oily.

Day 10- I woke up and could see dry blood stained cracked lips! score? lawl this shit hurts for real, but I kinda like to lick them. ;) weird? maybe ha. omg yesterday i could kinda see a whitehead forming and sure enough it did. It was a lil guy who broke in the shower this morning. He'l prolly return though. My skin likes to turn every dormant blackhead into a whitehead eventually. Its fuxing annoying. Anyone else like this? Or like every single pimple you ever get eventually goes to a head? wtf we will never understand what makes everyones skin so different ha.

Day 16- Still no IB, I think I'm one of the luck ones who skated by <.<. Skin feels tighter and I have like no blackheads on my nose for the first time in like 3 years. I did break out a little around my lips but I think its because of the aquaphor smearing. Ordered some vitamin E and fish oil, as well as jojoba and tea tree oil. I'm hoping these will help combat the red marks/scarring which is basically my culprit.

Side affects- I've had some back pains recently, don't know if it is from the manual labor I do or what but I feel it whenever I lean over and then rise again to stand. Its like a compressor pulling on my back.

Dry lips

flaky skin

Less acne/oil!

Hey man, great to hear that you're seeing some results with Accutane already and that the side effects aren't hitting you too hard. I also broke out around my mouth pretty bad when I first began, but it's clearing up now.

Keep it up!

Day 17- Same as yesterday for the most part. I played several games of beer pong last night and got a massive headache which was odd. Was probably my body telling me I shouldn't drink while on such a potent medication -.-.Was first time drinking since starting though (yay for me?). Been feeling kinda lethargic lately, I blame the tane haha.

Other than than that I'm happy and hope you all have a wonderful day and succeed in all your endeauvors whether they be that small psychological battle we all fight, or just trying to succeed in life =)

glad you're doing well! Keep us posted. Also, if a few games of beer pong bother you I think that's a good sign it's a bad idea! Believe me, not being able to drink is a side effect of accutane lol.