Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtt85

Accutane cause IBS?

When Roche pulled Accutane off the market, they blamed the heavy cost of lawsuits, many of which blamed Accutane for causing permanent Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In my second course of Accutane, I noticed I am going to the bathroom more, and sometimes feel like I am having diarrhea.

I can't tell if this is related to the Accutane, or if it's because I'm just upset & anxious. I've been having a lot of nightmares lately and I thought maybe that is just causing anxiety.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on Day 15 of my second course, at 40 mg/day. I don't believe I had this problem in my first course. Is there anyway to know if it is the Accutane doing this to me?

Same thing is happening to me...I'm on my 3rd course 80mg/day...2 months in...every morning before work I have to take a quick sit down...I don't remember for sure but I think the same thing happened on my 2nd course and it went away after I finished it.

Same here - I go to the bathroom every morning now, never used to do that before. There is a mild feeling of abdominal discomfort too with it every morning - that's what bothers me.

I am only on 40 mg/day and weigh about 143 lbs/67 kg.