Notifications
Clear all

Apple fast for longer than 3 days?

MemberMember
(@memymo)

Posted : 07/10/2009 3:19 pm

You can just skip to the bolded part if this too long to read.

I'm currently on the third day of the Acne Free in 3 Days regimen. Yes, I've ONLY eaten apples and drunken water for the past 2 days. (side note: is Acne Free in 3 Days a scam? I don't know. I really do think my acne is starting to clear up. I wasn't even going to try the plan until I saw . Since it also included a apple fast AND it seemed so well documented AND Antony seemed to give some really goo advice, I thought I'd give the apple fast a try. If it didn't cure my acne, oh well, I'd read apple fasts are still a good detox for your body. Also, if it didn't work, I guess it'd finally time for accutane, which I was trying to avoid.)

A little more about me: I've struggled with acne for years, over 8 years now. My acne was never horrible, but I never had clear skin. I tried proactiv for years (I think that that's the real scam) and have been on an antibiotic for the past year, along with 2 topical acne creams (morning and night), as well as a benzoyl peroxide body wash. My skin did improve, but was never completely clear. The next step was accutane, which is what I'm trying to avoid, and the real reason I'm even willing to try this Acne Free in 3 days system which is so radical.

So here's my question: The acne free in 3 days system says to drink a couple glasses of grape juice at dinner time on the 3rd day as well as a couple tablespoons of olive oil. However, the real reason I'm even trying this radical plan is because of Antony's plan, which has you eat only apples and water until the 4th day. Should I keep this apple fast going another day?

I'm thinking that Antony's plan has you apple fast longer is b/c you don't use nightly enemas, so it takes longer for your body to naturally rid itself of the toxins. However, I sure as hell don't want to have to do this apple fast for another 3 days if I should have just fasted 1 day longer in the first place.

Any help? Tips or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

MemberMember
(@mr-crab)

Posted : 07/10/2009 4:03 pm

Just give it a try, but it sounds like you should clear up nicely as long as you take it easy with the food when going back in to eating other foods. I have also done 2 days of an apple fast so far and today I am just doing water. Do you have any cystic acne at all? I think the apples made more cysts appear, but as far as everything else, it's going away nicely.

MemberMember
(@whale)

Posted : 07/10/2009 4:17 pm

I've ONLY eaten apples and drunken water for the past 2 days.

3 days system says to drink a couple glasses of grape juice at dinner time on the 3rd day as well as a couple tablespoons of olive oil

eat only apples and water until the 4th day

WOW.

Keep an extra roll in the bathroom.

MemberMember
(@charlotte_89)

Posted : 07/10/2009 4:44 pm

I would probably go with the grape juice and olive now, out of sheer boredom. I don't know if it's good to fast for 4 whole days, I'd want it to end soon. I guess it comes down to how you feel and how soon you want it to end.

MemberMember
(@memymo)

Posted : 07/10/2009 6:08 pm

Do you have any cystic acne at all? I think the apples made more cysts appear, but as far as everything else, it's going away nicely.

Luckily no. Just one or two very small white heads. Though each of my cheeks do have a few small red bumps. They give me a slight red complexion when you see up close. These are what I'm trying to get rid of.

I do have some inflamed bumps in my scalp under my hair, but those have started to go down as well. I've had a lot of these in the past, and they went away when I was on that antibiotic. Hopefully, this apple fast will clear those as well.

I would probably go with the grape juice and olive now, out of sheer boredom. I don't know if it's good to fast for 4 whole days, I'd want it to end soon. I guess it comes down to how you feel and how soon you want it to end.

It's not about boredom or anything. I could keep up this apple fast for weeks if I had to. I LOVE apples, hands down my favorite food. Eating 10 apples a day, and only 10 apples a day, is just GREAT. (Note: most of what I just typed is BS, but I'm trying to keep myself motivated, lol)

The reason why I asked if I should drink the grape juice and olive oil tonight is because I never want to have to do this damn apple fast again. So, I definitely don't want to screw it up if I just held off on the grape juice for another day. Didn't really know the purpose of the grape juice since it's not really laid out very well in the acne free in 3 days system, and Antony makes no mention of it in his system. Antony also recommended a 4th day of apples along with some epsom salt and just water, but I guessed all this was because you weren't using nightly enemas (which I am).

So to drink or not to drink the grape juice? I think I'm gonna do it, but I hope it doesn't bite me in the face.

MemberMember
(@charlotte_89)

Posted : 07/11/2009 6:00 am

The reason why I asked if I should drink the grape juice and olive oil tonight is because I never want to have to do this damn apple fast again. So, I definitely don't want to screw it up if I just held off on the grape juice for another day. Didn't really know the purpose of the grape juice since it's not really laid out very well in the acne free in 3 days system, and Antony makes no mention of it in his system. Antony also recommended a 4th day of apples along with some epsom salt and just water, but I guessed all this was because you weren't using nightly enemas (which I am).

So to drink or not to drink the grape juice? I think I'm gonna do it, but I hope it doesn't bite me in the face.

Well the grape juice olive oil and epsom salts is the ingredients for a home made liver cleanse. So I guess thats the idea of his acne program, you fast with the apples to cleanse your colon or whatever and then cleanse your liver, so your body just gets a break and your skin clears. Do you think it's working?

MemberMember
(@vicious-lyss)

Posted : 07/11/2009 6:04 am

Wow! This sounds fantastic... never heard anything like it!

MemberMember
(@acnejean)

Posted : 07/11/2009 12:39 pm

i did the apple fast last year and it didn't do anything. not sure if it was better or worse but obviously not a cure all since i'm on this site! i don't see the point. you're miserable and hungry on the fast and i was jittery from the sugar and no food. i felt like a crack addict.

i don't even eat sugar anymore and my skin looks better without it

MemberMember
(@memymo)

Posted : 07/11/2009 6:16 pm

Well the grape juice olive oil and epsom salts is the ingredients for a home made liver cleanse. So I guess thats the idea of his acne program, you fast with the apples to cleanse your colon or whatever and then cleanse your liver, so your body just gets a break and your skin clears. Do you think it's working?

I wish I had known that about the Epsom salt. I might would have taken that too, although it wasn't listed in the system.

As far as if it's working, I don't know. My forehead is pretty clear and I only have like 4 or 5 bumps on my right cheek and 1 bump on my left. However, my acne really was never that bad. I just started eating real food again today (first time in 72 hours) and I probably ate a little too much.

I don't know, we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. As a part of the system, I was also supposed to rub castor oil on my face and leave it there over night. We'll last night was the first night that I actually found the right stuff (I had to go to 6 different stores). So, maybe that'll help.

i did the apple fast last year and it didn't do anything. not sure if it was better or worse but obviously not a cure all since i'm on this site! i don't see the point. you're miserable and hungry on the fast and i was jittery from the sugar and no food. i felt like a crack addict.

i don't even eat sugar anymore and my skin looks better without it

The apple fast wasn't all that bad. Yeah it sucked, and I never want to do it again, but I just prepared myself mentally before I started it. Everyday I kept saying I love apples, and I just might keep eating em all the time when this was over. I was trying to fool myself, and I think it worked! lol.

It's sorta weird that I even still have acne after reading a lot of the posts on here about diet. My diet has always been pretty clean: no alcohol, little sugar, maybe not enough veggies though. Hopefully this'll eventually clear me up.

I might need to do some kind of peel, not sure though. It might help with my complexion, but I definitely got some more reading to do. Right now, I think I'm going to go look into some kind of skin cleaner (maybe cetaphil?) and keep up with my nightly castor oil application. Hopefully, it'll work, and I'll report back. Thank you guys for everything.

MemberMember
(@battle-with-acne)

Posted : 02/05/2013 11:43 pm

how is your face now? I wanna do this experiment .

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:03 am

I did an apple fast, couldn't get past 1 day cuz I felt sick from all the apples!

It didn't seem to do anything...however - a 1 day total fast worked strange wonders. I think I'm going to do it again