Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So on my right cheek.. prob like a inch away from my nose, i had 3 semi large whiteheads, which turned red and inflamed and developed heads. Now, I have always carefully popped them when they come to heads, (Yes i know, do not pop, but the ones ive popped while accutane have had no bad results as far as i can tell)

When i woke up this morning, the pimples were still red (as expected since i popped them) but the area around them was quite red/raw/dry now also.. which has never happened before..

any suggestions/help/information to deal with this?

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ag1eud.jpg <-- update what it looks like... it is actually redder, put a dab of foundation on it to tell which skin is loose and what isnt

So on my right cheek.. prob like a inch away from my nose, i had 3 semi large whiteheads, which turned red and inflamed and developed heads. Now, I have always carefully popped them when they come to heads, (Yes i know, do not pop, but the ones ive popped while accutane have had no bad results as far as i can tell)

When i woke up this morning, the pimples were still red (as expected since i popped them) but the area around them was quite red/raw/dry now also.. which has never happened before..

any suggestions/help/information to deal with this?

Neosporin and polysporin have been great for any breakouts I have. I sometimes use little dots of the proactiv mask, but now that I am on day 40 I am finding it too drying.

So today when i woke up, the area where i popped the 3 has become one massive red area and a VERY tiny thin layer of scab is over the entire area. However, some edges of the scab seem to look like they are starting to become a flake.. but the main middle of the scab is still pretty on there.

I have had a scab like this before when i shaved and cut a pimple and took a good amount of skin with it(havent used a manual shaver since haha).... however when i did that, the original scab flaked off like usual but then the pink skin kept flaking thin white layers of skin so it lasted forever..

anyone have any advice or good suggestions to deal with this?

I think a picture is worth a thousand words.. so to get a better idea of what i am talking about.....

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ag1eud.jpg

I just had that happen to me, but even before Accutane I had it happen when I had a really intense squeeze session. Thankfully it's scabbing over, so you should keep it moisturized and then after a few days and it hasn't peeled off, you could try peeling the skin off with tweezers.

I just had that happen to me, but even before Accutane I had it happen when I had a really intense squeeze session. Thankfully it's scabbing over, so you should keep it moisturized and then after a few days and it hasn't peeled off, you could try peeling the skin off with tweezers.

The picture doesn't quite do its justice.. it looks like that because i put a dab of sisters foundation on there to see what part is scab and what isnt(which makes it actually look worse in person)...... the "white peeling" part that you see.. is actually almost like bruised color..., but underneath its the usual red/pink that one would always get.

would taking a washcloth and gently going over the area to remove the loose peeling skin? or would this just make things worse?

(I was just looking in mirror and took tweezers and took a little piece off and it looks like it might have taken some extra skin that wasnt ready to come off with it)...