Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been taking Omega 3,6 and 9 suppliments for a while now. I used to take Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) but stopped when I ran out and couldnt for the life of me find it again. I have since found it again though so will start taking it.

Both say that I should only take 1 of each a day. But ive seen posts on here saying that people are either taking a lot more or a higher dosage is needed to be effective. Is this ok? Ive always been one to follow the packet closely. If I was to start taking more is this bad for me? Its been proven how both are good for acne so im willing to give it a go without risking any more damage than the medication I am already on is doing (according to the possible side effects lol).

I would follow the instructions too. But if for someone reason you decide not to, then I would slowly increase the dosage to only 2-3 a day. Avoid taking aspiring too, due to the possible increase risk of bleeding.

As a 12 yr acne veteran, who sought every nutritional, scientific, natural approaches possible, I can safely assume that these pills you're taking won't have any significant effect whatsoever.

The only pill that will work (BUT NOT RECOMMENDED) is guggul / guggulsterones. It will reduce the oil production and minimize acne but in exchange of diffused hair loss and increased thyroid activity. It can't be taken for a long period of time.

Evening Primrose Oil / Borage Oil / GLA will work if applied topically / on the face - based on derm. literatures that theorize the effect of Accutane actually normalizes the GLA fatty acid in the skin.