Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So about a week ago I added up my all of my minerals, nutrients, vitamins and etc. I found out I was getting a good amount of each, except on the Zinc, Copper, and some other metal. I know people take zinc pills here because one theory on the cause of acne is a zinc deficiency. The other while going through the store, Multi Grain Cheerios were on sale. So I picked it up, looked at the label, and the amount of vitamins and minerals were way up there, including a 100% serving of zinc in a 1 cup serving. There are other cereals as well, like Total, but Cheerios are one of the few I can eat without Milk and still enjoy.

Here's the nutritional data: Multi Grain Cheerios

It seems pretty healthy to me... GI is low enough for all the vitamins, minerals, and etc it offers - at least I think it is, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Does anyone else eat a serving of cereal for the nutritional benefits? And obviously I'm not talking about the Golden Grahams, Fruity Pebbles, and etc.

So about a week ago I added up my all of my minerals, nutrients, vitamins and etc. I found out I was getting a good amount of each, except on the Zinc, Copper, and some other metal. I know people take zinc pills here because one theory on the cause of acne is a zinc deficiency. The other while going through the store, Multi Grain Cheerios were on sale. So I picked it up, looked at the label, and the amount of vitamins and minerals were way up there, including a 100% serving of zinc in a 1 cup serving. There are other cereals as well, like Total, but Cheerios are one of the few I can eat without Milk and still enjoy.

Here's the nutritional data: Multi Grain Cheerios

It seems pretty healthy to me... GI is low enough for all the vitamins, minerals, and etc it offers - at least I think it is, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Does anyone else eat a serving of cereal for the nutritional benefits? And obviously I'm not talking about the Golden Grahams, Fruity Pebbles, and etc.

I wouldn't eat it! I recommend ezekiel bread if you need whole grain!

as long as you eat one serving of it per day with quality fat and protein I think Multigrain Cheerios are great as a supplement! I would add a bunch of chopped strawberries with a 1/2 cup of whole or 2% milk, and eat an egg or two with the meal. This should provide enough calroies and nutrients.

I eat that every day. They are good, but I haven't noticed any change in complexion. I chose them because they are lower in sugar than other cereals.

I personally really like almond "milk" with cereal... I haven't done a lot of testing on myself at this point, but I would that that almond milk shouldn't cause acne. Can anyone else speak for that?