Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_melodies

Glycolic Acid is GREAT

I had a little bit of my Pumpkin Mask w/ 5% Glycolic Acid from MUAC left. I decided, at 11 pm last night, to wear it for an hour (I was watching LA Ink). I put it on, rinsed it off later (it always makes my skin feel luscious), applied my ACV and diluted Tea Tree Oil, then after that dried I applied the Rosehips and Hibiscus Scar Cream.

Now, I don't think the scar cream is doing anything more than moisturizing my face (good thing I got the sample). But that 5% GA?!?! Now THAT stuff makes me GLOW, regardless of the spots on my face. I was already 50% asleep when I went to the bathroom this morning, and nearly feel over trying to see if my eyes were fooling me. I am DEFINITELY impressed.

I will now be moving on to Alpha Hydrox's Oil Free Formula with 10% Glycolic Acid (http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=66)

I think that will help even more because it will be applied at least every other night, if not every night, and not just 1-2 times weekly.

HIGHLY recommend Glycolic acid people! If the 5% works for you (maybe buy 10% and mix 1 part to 1 part of regular moisturizer for 5%) and doesn't cause you to break out, I think it will do wonders. Sometimes it does cause the IB, and that's ALWAYS a good sign - getting rid of impurities. But some people's skin doesn't agree with it and continues to cause breakouts. If it does agree with you, you will be MORE than happy. Take a look at my gallery and you'll see what I'm talking about.