Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

chest cyste the size of a small continent! how the heck do i get rid of this?!?

So i've never really suffered from severe chest acne, just mild spots here and there--but they do get old and annoying! I've kept it under control with topicals and such.

but just 2 days ago, what i thought would be a normal small pimple, turned into something much worse. It's huge, red, and it hurts REALLY BAD. This is the first time I had to take ibuprofen because of a zit! I also dont think I've ever had one of these this bad before. It won't seem to surface so its impossible to pop, and popping it would just hurt like hell! Has anyone ever had one of these?? How can I make it go away quick, or simply just stop the pain! Ouch! It's summer time and I wouldn't even dare to expose this thing :(

Here's the link to the picture....

http://img243.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1030319.jpg

Ouch, that does look painful!

It actually looks very similar to a cyst that my boyfriend had on his bum a few weeks ago! That also caused him a lot of pain. None of my traditional acne products worked for him though. The only thing that helped to soothe it was Sudocrem. That also helped to bring the cyst to a head and it ended up rupturing by itself in the shower- which totally relieved the pressure and pain for him. You could try that- Sudocrem and steaming it in a hot shower.

If it's still painful in a week or so though then maybe go to a doctor to get it looked at. The chest area is bony and sensitive so I can imagine it hurts a lot and that squeezing it would feel like torture, so don't do that!

On the upside, you have really lovely skintone so the cyst doesn't actually look too bad so don't feel you have to hide yourself away over the summer. I'm totally pale, and if even the smallest red spot shows up on my body, it looks a million times worse than your cyst.

I hope you manage to get some relief- painful spots are awful.

Just had another thought!

Ibuprofen gel might actually help. I've heard it's actually really good for acne- I read about it in this forum, in the UK supplies section- http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Topical-i...bl-t204919.html . I think that would definitely be something to look into.

Since you're in a lot of pain then it might be worth a go as it has the added benefit of being a pain-reliever, too.

Just had another thought!

Ibuprofen gel might actually help. I've heard it's actually really good for acne- I read about it in this forum, in the UK supplies section- http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Topical-i...bl-t204919.html . I think that would definitely be something to look into.

Since you're in a lot of pain then it might be worth a go as it has the added benefit of being a pain-reliever, too.

Thank you so much for your response! I've been putting a lot of BenzaClin on it before I go to sleep and it seems like it might be helping at least a little bit! Also, I've noticed the taking Ibuprofen at night before bed drastically helps the swelling by morning. But that gel seems amazing! I'm going to have to go search for it :) thanks again!

Recently, I've been dabbing Hydrocortisone on my cysts. My cysts usually last weeks and scar but the ones I used Hydrocortisone on lasted only two days and it's fading pretty fast.