Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have used the Equate Salicylic Acid wipes everyday for about 2 years and I am sure they were a large part in clearing me up. I have tried other "similar" products that were varying degrees of total crap.

Stridex- leaves a nasty 'film' feeling on the skin. Does not seem to work very well to prevent acne, let alone treat it.

Noxzema- smells so bad (during & after use) that you could knock a raccoon off if a trash bin by walking by. Sitting here, I opened the jar and it made me jerk my head back after smelling it. The smell reminds me of the nasty 'chicken pox' liquid treatment. This product wins the 'total crap' review.

Oxy- smells nasty too(more like some sort of perfume). Does not seem to work very well at cleaning off dirt or oil.

Equate Daily Cleansing Pads- Does kind of smell(not too bad). But goes away faster. Removes oil/dirt. Does not leave any sort of 'film' on the skin. Does not 'burn'(at least for me).

Clearasil- The 'pad' is like sandpaper. Feels like applying pool acid to your skin. Too harsh and some people say it makes them worse. Comes in a jar with a label that cons some people into buying it. Doubt they have alot of repeat customers(at least ones that are clearing up).

Anyone got a review of anything else?

Hmm, I'm looking for a SA product. Is the Equate very harsh? Or do you think it would be suitable for someone with sensitive skin?

Over the 2 years I have used them I don't remember if they were really harsh at first. I could use them 5-6 time a day now. I have gotten really used to them. Out of all the SA pads I have tried they seem to be the least harsh. The main thing being that they leave nothing behind after use. Others leave a nasty 'film' that feels like it makes your skin dry/stiff.

Anyone know if Wal-mart(Equate) has stopped making their 'Daily cleansing pads'?

I use Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pads with salicylic acid. Although they do clear up acne fast they aren't too good at preventing it. I use them about three times a day, and I've been using them for about a year now.