Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay Apple

3 Month Progress Pic (95% Clear)

Hey everyone..Just wanted to give you all a brief rundown about my battle with acne..Started Differin Gel on Sept 06 and then got put on Clindoxyl Dec 06. both helped keeping my skin clear altho i would still get the occasionaly flare up here and there. Decided That i should return to my GP and ask for something a little less bothersome because the clindoxyl was really making my skin red and dry. Got put on Minocin on Aug 08 to replace Clindoxyl. Now my acne would only flare up around my jawline and chin area. We're talking about an occasionaly inflamed pimple. Anyways Around Feb 09 I decided to stop taking the minocin and Differin all together to see whether my acne would flare up and comeback with a vengeance...and so it did. Around march I had it the worst so I went back to my GP and got put on Minocin again (Generic version this time), Differin XP and Dalacin T Solution.. I would lurk the forums of acne.org and found many people having success with taking multi vitamins/zinc/vitb5 supplements...etc and concluded that i would try taking a zinc supplement daily. Started @ 100mg of zinc daily on April and so far my skin has been 95% clear. I also started to hit up the tanning bed/more sun exposure in the end of May and i believe that's helped out as well. I don't know what to attribute my success to... whether it be the adding Dalacin, the stronger version of Differin or the Zinc supplements / getting some color (sun/Tan) but whatever it is..it's working! I assumed I would still get some breakouts on my jawline/chin but that hasn't happened and hope it doesn't! (knocks on wood).

Here are 2 pictures. First one is the first day i went back on Minocin/Differin + dalacin in April and second one is from a day ago. A 3 month span.

post-107442-1247191550_thumb.jpg

post-107442-1247191570_thumb.jpg

post-107442-1247191550_thumb.jpg

post-107442-1247191570_thumb.jpg

Holy moly indeed. Nice change there buddy.

3 months was how long it took me to get 95% clear as well. Keep up to good work.

Try for 100% :]

It looks like you have had some sun also which I think is the best thing for acne. Have you been outside more??

You definitely got tan :P , good job! Took me a year about experimenting to see what worked, and I'm 90%, might read about the zinc though ... I get these white marks on my nails which signify that I don't intake enough zinc lol..

hey thanks for the comments...i had some doubts about getting some color because of the increase photosensitivity to the sun from taking minocycline but i haven't had any ill effects so far. i do hope one day i'll be 100% clear but time will only tell..