Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minerva473

Anyone have multivitamins cause cysts?

Hi all, just curious, has anyone ever taken a multivitamin and gotten a cyst afterwards, maybe even though you don't normally get cysts?

This happened to me twice, a while ago before I knew much about acne I just figured it'd be good for me so I went to the grocery store and bought the cheapest multivitamin I could find. I took it a few times and this horrible thing... like this weird, mutated zit appeared on my cheek. So I got scared and stopped taking it. A few months later I got curious and tried again and lo and behold, a deep cyst appeared on my other cheek, the kind that sits beneath the skin and doesn't come to a head...

Since then I've learned that many multivitamins contain iodine which can in turn cause acne... no idea if the one I was taking had iodine but I'd suspect so.

Ever since then I've been terrified of supplements, especially since the pimples I think the vitamins caused were terrible and have left scars / discoloration.