Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santino

Beyond the regimen

I've been using the regimen for a few months and have had great results. Most of my acne has faded and my skin feels great. I've gotten somewhat used to the time consuming routine day and night.

My question is: what is the next step? Is there ever going to be a day where you don't have to apply a copious amount of benzoyl peroxide to your skin every day? Of course it is a small price to pay for clear skin, but there are some negatives involved. One is, as stated before, the time element, and two, intimacy. My girlfriend understands why I have to do it but still someone who has benzoyl peroxide slathered all over their face 24/7 isn't very kissable!

Will there be a time when we can say sayanora to the regimen, no matter how good it has been to us?

Yes, once you grow out of your acne phase and won't need to buy these products anymore.

Eventually life will get better, unless your really old and have adult acne.

Then that just sucks.

I agree with you on the not kissable part, :[, same with me sometimes.

Yes, once you grow out of your acne phase and won't need to buy these products anymore.

Eventually life will get better, unless your really old and have adult acne.

Then that just sucks.

I agree with you on the not kissable part, :[, same with me sometimes.

Yeah I just wonder if I am ever going to grow out of the "phase" as I am 24 now and have had it since I was 12 or 13. At a certain point it feels like it will always be there.

Again I am thankful for the regimen but I would prefer not to be 40 years old still applying benzoyl peroxide and rather have natural, smooth skin :)

Some people grow out of acne, and for others, unfortunately, acne is a life-long issue.

You can try stopping The Regimen for a week or so every year or two if you want, to see how your skin reacts. If you break out again, you'll need to continue on with The Regimen. Of you've grown out of it, you shouldn't really break out.

Talk to your family, and see if any of them (your parents, siblings, grandparents) had/have acne, and how old they were when they grew out of it (if they have). That might give you a better idea of how your own acne might progress.