Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yamean

What is best Shaving Cream?

Instead of using shaving foam I use the soap that I use as a cleanser, just lather it up loads and loads. Obviously if you are using a liquid cleanser or astringent that might not work... But if I was you I would just use your cleanser but try and "thicken" it up into foam like substance.

I use Dan's cleanser. It lathers really well and cleans the face from surface oil at the same time. If you really wanted to use something in a store, Neutrogena makes an oil-free shaving cream and gel. I used both both before I got on the Regimen, but I didn't like the gel. The cream was fine, however, and I don't think it ever caused a breakout.

What about Jojoba Oil???

What does Jojoba Oil do anyways?

A little late, but jojoba oil in combination with moisturizer controls flakiness of the skin caused by elements that dry it out (such as BP/sun/wind/etc). I also know that many massage places use it as a massage oil as well. :surprised:

When I got my jojoba oil from the website I noticed that it said it can be used for "shave prep". I thought 'what the hay' and put it onto my face and neck before applying my Aveeno Shaving Gel. Since I've started doing this a month ago, it really does work well. And I do believe it is helping curb ingrown hair/razor burn too; although you do have to be careful to shave the correct way as well.

Jojoba oil is sweet....

I personally use natural aloe vera gel or I shave when i wash with cleanser in the morning

Aloe is very cheap, works great too. I even make my own... just add jojoba and tea tree, or lavender essential oil to aloe gel, very soothing...close shave. I have very thick facial hair.... anyways, it gives me a close shave.

Definately avoid borbasol or other shaving creams, which contain butane or propane to propell it

out of the can. Also some contain oils that clogg pores, which are open wide when you shave.