Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xbebehunnie

ACCUTANE DISCONTINUED???

I know i don't take accutane but i was just watching Tv and i saw a commerical with those law thingy's that said accutane has been discontinued & if anyone suffers from IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) or or colitis should call their law firm today..?

BUT IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED??? I know for a lot of people it has helped them and for others it hasn't so i'm sorry if this offends people in any way.. but i can't believe it has been discontinued!

only the branded roche accutane has been discontinued. The generics will continue to produce isotretinoin which is also accutane.

only the branded roche accutane has been discontinued. The generics will continue to produce isotretinoin which is also accutane.

on the commercial it also said claravis and other brands i can't remember i'll go look them up now

on the commercial it also said claravis and other brands i can't remember i'll go look them up now

You can sue your drug company if you were on a generic, but accutane is all that is being pulled from the shelves. Roche has stated that accutane is not being pulled for safety reasons but rather because their patent has expired and there are so many generic versions of accutane available that it is no longer profitable for Roche to produce accutane.

Quick, shut down the thread before debate ensues!

Or research what you are posting before you actually post it and start scare mongering.

Its a purely commercially viable decision for 1 specific branded product.

Isotretinoin is not banned - period.