Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl3900

I'm so fed up

I'm to the point where I can't stand these marks any more. I'm sick of trying to cover them up with foundation only to make my face look worse. At this point, i'm willing to try anything and everything to rid myself of them. Every zit i have leaves a huge mark.

What are the chances of improvment for very noticeable red marks if I do a 25% TCA peel and then continue with a series of glycolic acid peels every other week? Would that make it worse? I don't have all the time in the world so I'm trying to get as much done ASAP. I did the lemon, vinegar and tape method...all of which irritated my skin and made the marks a lot more noticeable. I guess I'm feeling very low today and as if these marks will never leave. Words of encouragement? cry.gif

Here are a few good ones:

Mandelic Acid

Lactic Acid

Hydroquinone 4%

at LEAST a 30 spf sunscreen

Cheer up, any of these would help I bet!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I'd say glycolic will make it worse.

If any- between treatments, let your skin take a break. It's almost like when you keep going to the gym and never give yourself a break, then you complain why you tired all the time, yes? Give your skin some time to heal.

Also- I have switched from glycolic (30%) to lactic...this is coming from somebody with a thick skin.

If you don't keep putting harsh stuff, just do occasional peel plus the hydroquinone, over time the redness should subside.

i'm afraid i don't have a good answer, as i'm more or less suffering from the same problem, although if you're not already i do reccommend moisturising your skin regularily. i'm using na-pca & hyaluronic acid, and it did help me quite a bit with the tone. and TG is right aswell - apply a high factor sunscreen whenever you go outside (even if it's not sunny). but, i offer my condolences. i know how pesky and irritating they are (ha, understatement of the year), especially when trying to apply make-up (which on some days does a job of hiding them, and others seems to make them even more blatantly obvious). a tip...have you tried applying a green-coloured concealer cream on the marks beneath your foundation? it's good at counteracting the appearance of redness. i know make-up is a tiresome compromise, not a solution, but i hope it may help. stay trying, anyway. i wish you luck.

lactic acid is really working for me, my red marks are fading - i'm doing a 50% peel 3 times a week. i have sensitive skin, but i'm really harsh to my face - always trying to see how long i can leave acid on until it burns. when i have a bad skin day, i'd do an acid peel once i get home and try to burn my face off!

sounds like you won't hesitate to cause trama to your skin too - good luck and be careful not to over do anything. when i'm at my lowest, i'll just sleep it away (passed out from agonizing over every pore). i usually feel better when i wake up.

well, i don't have much or any active acne anymore just a few red marks. the active acne i get are the really small ones that disappear in a day (zinc!! cured me). i assume all you have left is red marks and i can assure you that it will fade with the gycolic acid peels you are doing.

hang in there.. breathe in. breathe out.

What are you using as a topical? I'm asking because when I used Retin-a, I had a lot of them, but after I stopped they went away. For some people, retin-a makes them worse(or makes them linger), whereas for others it does the oppposite.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Today has been a pretty bad day so far. Some days I just don't even want to leave my room.

I've never tried green concealer before..I'm so afraid of that stuff. My makeup usually slides off my face in a couple of hours and i'm afraid i'd be left with green dots all over, lol. Lately I've adopted a "screw it" attitude towards makeup. I can never get it to look good enough so if I look like crap, oh well.

50% 3x a week? Doesn't that rip your skin apart? How have your results been? I really don't want to damage my skin more than it already is. I don't know how it'll react to the TCA peel. Hopefully after a few weeks I can start doing small glycolic/lactic peels every other week. *sigh*...I don't know anymore. The worst part about this is the wait. As another poster said, I feel like I have to put my life on hold until these things are under control. If only I would have gone to the derm when I was younger. Emmanuel, I'm using Retin-a micro right now. It seems to make me breakout more and make the marks a lot redder. However, I stopped using it for a week when I did my peel and when I let my skin breath the marks seemed a lot lighter. It says it'll make my face worse for the first few weeks but it's hard waking up to new pimples everyday when you're on something thats supposed to clear it.

Emmanuel, I'm using Retin-a micro right now. It seems to make me breakout more and make the marks a lot redder. However, I stopped using it for a week when I did my peel and when I let my skin breath the marks seemed a lot lighter. It says it'll make my face worse for the first few weeks but it's hard waking up to new pimples everyday when you're on something thats supposed to clear it.

I completely understand your frustration because I suffer from the same problem. Maybe you can try one of the flushing methods spoken about in this forum. I just began today. As I have been informed, follw these specifically though. Take the necessary steps before actually flushing. You can find some help with this at http://www.sensiblehealth.com They have many options on what you can do. I would be more than happy to give you some guidance if you are interested. Basically they say that your liver is responsible for healing. If it is congested or not working properly, then you may not heal properly. Thus the red marks and scarring associated with breakouts. The flushing can restore the liver and help it function properly. There is much more to it, but that is the jist of it. You can find more help in this forum as well. Let me know if you want any help from me.

Thanks kurgganwins, I'll definetly read into it. I haven't heard about that yet but I'm willing to try anything.

I'm planning on doing the peel this friday. I'm a little nervous but I'm going to try and do a full face. I hope nothing goes wrong. I'll inform everyone once I do it or once I start to see results.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Thanks kurgganwins, I'll definetly read into it. I haven't heard about that yet but I'm willing to try anything.

I'm planning on doing the peel this friday. I'm a little nervous but I'm going to try and do a full face. I hope nothing goes wrong. I'll inform everyone once I do it or once I start to see results.

well, i was kinda surprised how well my skin took to lactic acid. i really prefer this to glycolic acid though i think both yeilds similar results.

i leave lactic acid 50% on for 3-5 mins (sometimes less) and it doesn't burn my skin and i don't get the tightness around my chin anymore. it IS working for me, and i am seeing a better skin tone all around. mostly i do it twice a week... but sometimes three times a week. i'm in my holidays now, so i can afford some downtime, just in case, but there is none.

good luck! your red marks will fade with time and some effort.