Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
intotherain

Just started taking Fiber, Face has become more Oily - help?

Hello, I am taking 6 Psyllium Husk Capsules in the morning (started 2 days ago and I take it with plenty of water) and I notice that it is making my face more oily. Acne wise - maybe a few blackheads have popped up since.

Does anyone know if this means the fiber is working to help my acne or if I should be concerned with the increase of oil on my face. My skin is normally fairly dry. I also haven't changed anything else in my lifestyle.

Hello, I am taking 6 Psyllium Husk Capsules in the morning (started 2 days ago and I take it with plenty of water) and I notice that it is making my face more oily. Acne wise - maybe a few blackheads have popped up since.

Does anyone know if this means the fiber is working to help my acne or if I should be concerned with the increase of oil on my face. My skin is normally fairly dry. I also haven't changed anything else in my lifestyle.

Personally, I would stop taking it. Fibre supplements are, IMO, way overrated. They may help or be beneficial if you're eating nothing but refined carbs with little vegetables/fruits but beyond that, the fruits and vegetables you eat on a paleo diet or another healthy diet will provide you with sufficient fibre.

Look up "Fibre Menace" and read about the dangers of fibre.