Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
osfan2006

liver levels up wtf

Well i was just about to start accutane and i find out my liver levels is up, Has any one had this problem before? what did u do to get them to go back down and what could of caused it. I mean i am a preety heathy 19 year kid who plays sports and is always outside doing stuff, who has only been drunk once and hasnt drank since early april so i really doubt thats it. I did however take alot of advil a week or 2 before becuase i got some thing lanced off my neck and made me feel sick. I also took one the night before so again im praying to god when i go retest probably friday sat or monday my levels are down and back to normal so i can start accutane i just want clear skin damnt.

Liver problems can actually cause acne, so the good news is that if you do have a screwed up liver, fixing that problem might help your skin!

Liver problems can actually cause acne, so the good news is that if you do have a screwed up liver, fixing that problem might help your skin!

hm i was reading over simpitions and stuff i mean i play baseball and playbasketball and ive never really gotting tired to where i couldnt go back in and play, and ive never really ever had stomach pain. to tell u the truth i only have mild acne that is so stubereen if i find out that my liver was the thing not making it go away ima be so pissed. can i have a little more info waka where did u get that from? cus according to my mom one level was higher than the other so idk if the advil may of caused it or not.

Well, liver health affecting acne is just one of those bits of info that i'v learned about over the years. A bad liver doesn't necessasarily cause acne, but acne prone people can benefit from taking care of their liver. It's even widely talked about on this site. You probably don't have a REALLY bad liver. What have you tried so far where you ar resorting to accutane? If you whant to research liver care, Ill let you do that, because their are two main points I whant to leave you with,

1) Milk thistle can help the liver and the skin, but you body gets used to it, and you will probably break out again in less than a month.

2) I too only have mild acne(hasn't always been that way), which is one reason I refuse to take accutane. The side effects are just too much, and the dryness can even ruin your appearance more than a few pimples. It can dry your skin, eyes, lips, and throat, overheat you during exercise, and cause health side effects. Just look up all the horror stories on this site.

He isn't worried about his liver count because he thinks its the cause of his acne. Accutane can be hard on your liver and most derms won't give you it unless your counts are normal. As far as side effects I'm on my 5th month and have many side effects but for me it has been worth the trouble!

Well i was just about to start accutane and i find out my liver levels is up, Has any one had this problem before? what did u do to get them to go back down and what could of caused it. I mean i am a preety heathy 19 year kid who plays sports and is always outside doing stuff, who has only been drunk once and hasnt drank since early april so i really doubt thats it. I did however take alot of advil a week or 2 before becuase i got some thing lanced off my neck and made me feel sick. I also took one the night before so again im praying to god when i go retest probably friday sat or monday my levels are down and back to normal so i can start accutane i just want clear skin damnt.

If you took any medications (any at all - including Advil) for the 'thing lanced off' your neck, those could have altered liver enzymes. Surgery/lancing can alter liver enzymes. Infection (if that's what it was) can alter liver enzymes. Extreme exercise in the 24 hours prior to the test could alter liver enzymes. Not fasting prior to the test (8-12 hours is usually sufficient fasting time) can alter liver enzymes.

Read the entire following link for tips on caring for your liver:

http://www.hepfi.org/living/liv_caring.html

He isn't worried about his liver count because he thinks its the cause of his acne. Accutane can be hard on your liver and most derms won't give you it unless your counts are normal. As far as side effects I'm on my 5th month and have many side effects but for me it has been worth the trouble!

Tnikki, how bad was your acne before. I was simply warning him that for some people who only have mild acne(including him) the side effects arn't worth it. He also said that he is athletic, and many athletic people have said that the side affects(Lack of cooling sweat, dry joints, etc) have actually harmed their fitness lifestyles. It's still his choice and I respect that.

Also, I don't think that you fully read our posts. He actually DID ASK me about some information on the liver.

If you took any medications (any at all - including Advil) for the 'thing lanced off' your neck, those could have altered liver enzymes. Surgery/lancing can alter liver enzymes. Infection (if that's what it was) can alter liver enzymes. Extreme exercise in the 24 hours prior to the test could alter liver enzymes. Not fasting prior to the test (8-12 hours is usually sufficient fasting time) can alter liver enzymes.

hm the night before i did go to the gym and work out preety hard. i had a preety big dinner and took advil so im wondering if thats it ill skip the gym the day before and have a light dinner and see what happens, i still do not think theres any thing wrong with my liver.

hm the night before i did go to the gym and work out preety hard. i had a preety big dinner and took advil so im wondering if thats it ill skip the gym the day before and have a light dinner and see what happens, i still do not think theres any thing wrong with my liver.

Tnikki, how bad was your acne before. I was simply warning him that for some people who only have mild acne(including him) the side effects arn't worth it. He also said that he is athletic, and many athletic people have said that the side affects(Lack of cooling sweat, dry joints, etc) have actually harmed their fitness lifestyles. It's still his choice and I respect that.

Also, I don't think that you fully read our posts. He actually DID ASK me about some information on the liver.

i did ask him about it and have got some good info the day before my blood test i think i had a baseball game than went to the gym. when i came home i had a really big dinner and took a advil. so next time i go im gonna eat a light dinner and skip the gym that day. and to answer your question about acne, i have tryed every thing tazaric retin a bp washing with it once a day switching stuff around, its been a fustrating 6 years and i did have a heart to heart talk with my derm who also took tane him self. Im wanting to do it but gotta get this liver count down to normal first or hes not allowing me to take it which is right.

if you are taking any supplements or drinking a lot of alcohal then that may be the cause.

no supplements and havent drank since april.

i agree with what most of these people have to say. I'm just surprised, because I take Excedrin probably 3-4 times a week bc I get migraines. And when I take them I take 3-4 at a time. I've been taking them for about 9 years due to my chronic migraines/ And my liver test came back fine. That surprises me if a few Advil's would cause affect your lab work.

i agree with what most of these people have to say. I'm just surprised, because I take Excedrin probably 3-4 times a week bc I get migraines. And when I take them I take 3-4 at a time. I've been taking them for about 9 years due to my chronic migraines/ And my liver test came back fine. That surprises me if a few Advil's would cause affect your lab work.

only thing i can think of is that your body got used to taking them every day like that. only other thing i can think of is is ive been working out every day arms one day legs the next that could be doing it. if any thing im only cutting out 2 days im a really good pitcher who acually has talent if i get bigger to go some where im only 145 pounds throwing around 80 yeah go figure if i get where i should be body wise i can be in 90s. but back to acne worse comes to worse ill see a liver doctor to get him to give my derm the ok i really do not wanna stop working out for the thing i stated above and i just i need to get bigger any way cus im tired of being called skinny.

Hey dude. I had the same problem and it was because of herbal supplements, are you taking any of those (think back). Alcohol can be the issue as well. I had to retake my blood test because i had elevated liver enzymes due to a sleeping pill with is 100% natural (herbal). I retook it in a week and everything was fine. drink lots of water and stay healthy.

And stop Advil thats probably it, pain relivers cause elevated liver enzymes. take care and God bless.

Hey dude. I had the same problem and it was because of herbal supplements, are you taking any of those (think back). Alcohol can be the issue as well. I had to retake my blood test because i had elevated liver enzymes due to a sleeping pill with is 100% natural (herbal). I retook it in a week and everything was fine. drink lots of water and stay healthy.

And stop Advil thats probably it, pain relivers cause elevated liver enzymes. take care and God bless.

im hoping the advil was it, i didnt take any other pills. if i remmber correctly though i did take a advil the night before cus my head was hurting so im hoping that is it.

I hear lemon juice is good for the liver. Not sure.

well i go for my 2nd blood test tommrow hoping levels are back to normal.

So what's the verdict?

So what's the verdict?

wont know till later today or tommrow most likly tommrow, im really scared i really do hope every thing is ok this acne has really been bugging me latly i guess if theren not i gotta see a liver doctor and that will tell if i can take it or not =[ but hoping everything is good.

well every thing is ok and i aucally got my tane and took my first pill today so wish me luck =] ima start a blog feel free to read.

well every thing is ok and i aucally got my tane and took my first pill today so wish me luck =] ima start a blog feel free to read.

Good luck!

Good luck!

thank u and god bless.

man i had that too!!! im thinking it was supplements for me but not sure.... i cant seem to remember. but im getting my blood work done tomorow. hopefully ill be in the clear and be able to get on accutane!! good luck to you !!!

apparently my liver readings were a little high too, the derm said it was probably nothing and i started anyway but said if it gets worst i will need to go see my regular doctor. i would imagine it was my drinking (drink a lot normally and had a few beers the night before, not within 12 hours though) or just stress on my body from staying up too late that night. also not sure if you guys smoke but think that can up it too.

i'm not too worried about it myself.

apparently my liver readings were a little high too, the derm said it was probably nothing and i started anyway but said if it gets worst i will need to go see my regular doctor. i would imagine it was my drinking (drink a lot normally and had a few beers the night before, not within 12 hours though) or just stress on my body from staying up too late that night. also not sure if you guys smoke but think that can up it too.

i'm not too worried about it myself.

hey u both im thinking the supp you were taking probably was it, i would think u probably gotta stop them but talk to your derm about it. and drinking the ngiht before probably did it to. a dam advil did it for me lol. but gl and feel free to read my blog ima post some pics tonight if i get some time im on day 6.