Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there guys. This summer I'm going to visit some family in Texas and I went last year and it was amazing, but last year I had nice skin. I had acne yes, but it wasn't very bad and that was all I had. Now I have no active acne because of the Accutane but I'm covered in red marks, the majority of both my cheeks is just red marks, I also have many milia under my eyes and even a few on my cheek, I have redness everywhere uneven skin tone, scars (some deep, some not so bad) and it's just a mess.

I look absolutely horrible even without any active acne, I thought things would be better after Accutane even though it got rid of the acne my skin somehow got worse overall.

I don't want to face my own family because they are all so good looking with perfect skin and I don't want to be judged. I can't help but feel the whole time they will be thinking "My god he has such horrible skin" etc...

I just want to be like them and to relax but I can't because I'll feel as if they wont act the same around me now.

What do I do?

I understand that's how I should see the situation, but I just have this feeling in my back of my mind that's always there that is telling me they will judge me on my skin, because I don't know them very well seeing as how we live in different countries, and I haven't seen them in so long. (They are not my immediate family, they are my cousins aunts and uncles) And it feels like since I don't know them very well, they will be forced to judge me by my physical appearance. I just want them to know that I love them very much and to think of me as a friend and someone that cares for them, not as their ugly cousin from Canada.

But they can't know that because like I said I don't get to talk to them very often, and rarely see them.

i can relay totally, about 6 months ago i decided i wanted to go on vacation with my girlfriend, and its actually happening, departure tomorow!

the thing is, back then when i made this decision, i had found a regimen wich seemed to work well with my skin, i cleared up for about 2 months or so, so i was sure i wanted to go on vacation with her.

but, unfair as life is, the regimen i used back then suddenly just stopped working, and acne came back twice as worse as before.

i tried and i tried product after product to be clear before this day would come, and u know what? nothing. no miracle cure or anything, my acne is just as bad as back then.

that sucks, but ey, a vacation is ment for relaxation, and im going there with the girl i love!

dont care about what people think of you mate, its vacation time! just make the best of it!

Yeah, it'll all be ok. If for one minute you think anyone is lookin at you and thinking bad thoughts about your acne, you just have to know that, you dont have acne anymore. Your face is HEAling. Every single day it is getting better.

And also, most other people just don't care very much about how other people. The person they care about the most is themselves. Your family in Texas may notice your face, maybe, but if they do, they won't care. The person who cares the most about your red marks is you. And the people around you will be seeing it far more than you will be. Cos, you know, you can't see your own face, apart from if you have a mirror. And you wont be walking around with a mirror all the time will ya? Youd trip over stuff

Actually I've gotten quite skilled at carrying around a full length mirror with me at all times.

But seriously, thanks for the advice I guess all I can do is hope they won't judge me. It wouldn't be so bad if all 5 of my cousins were between the ages 12 to 17. I'm 16 and they all have perfect skin, it feels like a perfect storm.

I kinda know how you feel though. I have to visit my cousins soon, and they are super good-looking with olive tanned gorgeous skin. They could be models, I swear.

All Im going to try and do is to not think about it, but try to know that one day I will be clear and it wont matter.

Just think, every thing that happens to you, every single moment of your life, it will all just be a MEMORY one day. Just a memory. And you wont have to remember the acne. You can just remember, like, chilling out and walkin on the beach or what have you, and when you wont have to think about the acne.

Acne's all that's stopping you?

Don't let it. Show it you'll still be you no matter what. If you don't, you'll regret it. Trust me.

Don't let ANYTHING hold you back.

Family is Family.

Even if you were to screw up, they are still your family.

So acne shouldn't be holding you back.

I know it's easier said then done, but it's your vacation.

You said last year it was amazing, so this year it should be too. Regardless of skin.

Try and get your family to help you have another great vacation.

Family is going to love you, and be glad you came no matter what!

I totally know how you feel!

I always hate beach vacations becuase all of my friends are beautiful with great skin and of course perfect bodies. They get hit on all the time. I always feel like the loser with gross skin who no guy could possible be attracted to.

You know what though? Things always turn out for the better, and I always end up having fun, even though, initially, I dread going.

Inn the end, I hope you decide to go, and that you have an amazing time!

Wish you all the best

I got into a similar situation, a week or two ago. I was dragged to the beach! People my age all over the place, young and beautiful. That place is a breeding ground for insecurities!

I was apprehensive about it just like you. But you know what? I packed my favorite clothes, put a smile on my face, and went for it. And I really did have fun; my skin was hardly ever on my mind.

It's exactly like Twist said; everyone is too busy worrying about how they look. The most important thing is to be confident and don't sweat it! Years from now you'll remember the vacation, the experience; not how you felt about your appearance. :)