Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK so I'm going to be meeting this girl next thursday basically so hopefully i'll clear up a bit more then using the BP. I just have red marks from moderate acne left basically and my right side is almost clear but my left is still getting there.

Anywho this is the first time I'm meeting her in months and last time I saw her I had clear skin. We've been in contact pretty much everday and she says I'm like one of the coolest people she talks to. I'm ok looking, not exactly Tom Welling but girls do like me and I'm a pretty nice guy (or so I've been told) who writes books and poems.

I'm 16, turning 17 on thursday and I'm just worried what she'll think :S I even considered buying something to try and cover it up, but I don't think I will do that because then I'll feel low aferwards. Any help with this?

I google image searched Tom Welling and almost died. What a gorgeous beautiful man, and yeah I have no problem saying that as a guy, he is beautiful. Life isn't fair, eh? And about your problem, I guess the only option is to just go for it. If it works out, great, if not... What can ya do, right?

Best of luck.

Hey RobJ,

You sound so much like me.. Well I have similar thing going on with me currently.. I have been talking with this friend of mine online for quit some time.. And I had seen him last about a year ago.. And my skin was soo good then.. Anyways so I keep postponing our meeting by saying something or the other.. :boohoo: I'm just waiting for my skin to get clear completely.. I have few mild acne as of now.. They should be gone in a week's time.. I'm just hopeful.. :pray: Anyways so I also have few red marks post acne on my cheeks.. But I'm not worried about them.. Coz anyways you can hide them so easily.. :clap: I just dont want any bumps...

So I think when you meet her just be confident and just dont care about how your skin looks.. :) ok.. And another thing there is nothing wrong in covering your skin with makeup.. Just bcoz you are a guy dont think that ways.. It surely will help you build the confidence.. You can just use a concealer if you want.. So dont feel low on doing that.. :naughty: I do not use any makeup everyday.. But when I'll be meeting him I'm going to use it.. And yeah dont worry about the girl.. She'll be happy to see you.. May be u can write her a poem.. :) So Go ahead.. All the best!!

Hey RobJ,

You sound so much like me.. Well I have similar thing going on with me currently.. I have been talking with this friend of mine online for quit some time.. And I had seen him last about a year ago.. And my skin was soo good then.. Anyways so I keep postponing our meeting by saying something or the other.. :boohoo: I'm just waiting for my skin to get clear completely.. I have few mild acne as of now.. They should be gone in a week's time.. I'm just hopeful.. :pray: Anyways so I also have few red marks post acne on my cheeks.. But I'm not worried about them.. Coz anyways you can hide them so easily.. :clap: I just dont want any bumps...

So I think when you meet her just be confident and just dont care about how your skin looks.. :) ok.. And another thing there is nothing wrong in covering your skin with makeup.. Just bcoz you are a guy dont think that ways.. It surely will help you build the confidence.. You can just use a concealer if you want.. So dont feel low on doing that.. :naughty: I do not use any makeup everyday.. But when I'll be meeting him I'm going to use it.. And yeah dont worry about the girl.. She'll be happy to see you.. May be u can write her a poem.. :) So Go ahead.. All the best!!

Thank you, you just raised my confidence from like 2 to 100 :) I did the same thing, just kept postponing it giving it all sorts of reasons. The other day I thought to myself, hey if I keep postponing she might think something bad. And also, you only live once right? So yeah...I'm definitely going to go through with it now :D Acne doesn't last forever, hopefully within like 4-6 weeks my skin will look like Tom Welling's :D Now if only I had his face....lol

Hey RobJ,

Thank you, you just raised my confidence from like 2 to 100 :) I did the same thing, just kept postponing it giving it all sorts of reasons. The other day I thought to myself, hey if I keep postponing she might think something bad. And also, you only live once right? So yeah...I'm definitely going to go through with it now :D Acne doesn't last forever, hopefully within like 4-6 weeks my skin will look like Tom Welling's :D Now if only I had his face....lol

Heyy you are most welcome... I am glad I could help you.. I also wonder what he thinks when I keep saying no... I am sure he doesn't like it... And yeah I agree acne wont last forever.. :naughty: Everyone goes through bad times in life.. By the way you didn't tell me if you are going to use anything to cover up.. And yeah let me know how your date goes... ok.... cya :)

Hey RobJ,

Heyy you are most welcome... I am glad I could help you.. I also wonder what he thinks when I keep saying no... I am sure he doesn't like it... And yeah I agree acne wont last forever.. :naughty: Everyone goes through bad times in life.. By the way you didn't tell me if you are going to use anything to cover up.. And yeah let me know how your date goes... ok.... cya :)

Hmm I might do....I really have no idea what to look out for in the drug store though seeing as I've never used makeup before. Also I'm worried I'll look kind of weird looking at makeup in the drug store :S But I could always give the excuse I'm gay :D (which I'm not just so you know lol). So was it concealer I was looking for?

Makeup could be disastrous. :shifty: Ask a woman in your life to help you. Mom or Aunt Gidget, or whatever.

If you're close with her and she sees your acne, she shouldn't care. She probably has something she hopes that you don't notice, too. I was in a similar situation on the 4th of July, when I was meeting a childhood friend that I hadn't seen in a while. I had always secretly liked him and thought he was hot, but I was nervous because I had a couple huge zits that day. Well, when I met him, he had acne too! I was the opposite of disgusted. I was so relieved that he wasn't this perfect Adonis, so I could actually get up the nerve to talk to him. We had a great time. :) (And, he is still H.O.T.)

Just be confident, and act the same way that you do when you 2 are talking. You'll be fine.

Hey Rob!

I've had the same issue before, believe me. I know, it sucks, and I think a lot of people can agree on that! ;)

One thing you need to do is stay confident. Don't stress so much! Stressing about it will only just make it worse.

In the case that she likes you - congrats! You'll feel so much better. I wish you the best of luck, and your skin will probably look better with the vibes you'll get.

In the case that she turns out not to like you - who cares. There's millions of girls on this planet, one is BOUND to like you!

Best of luck! Don't worry about a thing.

You can't be worried because then you will look nervous, and that will probably turn her off. You need to stay focused on being who you are, and try to put the negative thoughts away for a couple of hours.

Another guy here with a similar problem!

I have been chatting to a girl I met online for a while now. She lives quite near to me at Uni but not that close to where I am living to the summer so it wont be a problem to see her. Shes lovely and I really get on well with her. I think things could go somewhere, but either way id love to meet up with her. It will happen soon but she has only seen some 'carefully selected' photos of me and my skin has gone a bit wild since. So I will put it off for a while as I just worry what she might think. I know im being silly though. Like you she thinks im a nice guy, says im attractive and she is intelligent and decent so why would she be bothered by something so shallow? Its fear I suppose.

Keep strong mate. What is important is that you sound like a top guy, and one that any girl or guy would want to be friends or more with. The people who deserve to be around us wont be bothered by your acne, those who are different with you because of it are just not worth bothering with!

Hmm I might do....I really have no idea what to look out for in the drug store though seeing as I've never used makeup before. Also I'm worried I'll look kind of weird looking at makeup in the drug store :S But I could always give the excuse I'm gay :D (which I'm not just so you know lol). So was it concealer I was looking for?

Hiii RobJ,

Well I can understand you don't know much about makeup.. :lol: ( N yeah I never considered you to be gay :naughty: ) Ok.. so anyways if you want to hide your red marks... Then you can go for a concealer.. You can just apply regular moisturizer first.. And then after that you can just dab the concealer on the marks.. Blend the edges with the surrounding skin.. you can use some powder on top of that so it gets set.. I think this is pretty normal.. And I dont think anyone would think you have put on makeup.. (That's the last thing we want people to know.. :D ) ok.. Now just the tough part choosing the correct tone of the concealer.. I advise you to go with someone like your mom or sister to buy it.. They'll know exactly what you want.. ok.. Hope this helps!! Let me know if you need any help.. cya.. :)

Another guy here with a similar problem!

I have been chatting to a girl I met online for a while now. She lives quite near to me at Uni but not that close to where I am living to the summer so it wont be a problem to see her. Shes lovely and I really get on well with her. I think things could go somewhere, but either way id love to meet up with her. It will happen soon but she has only seen some 'carefully selected' photos of me and my skin has gone a bit wild since. So I will put it off for a while as I just worry what she might think. I know im being silly though. Like you she thinks im a nice guy, says im attractive and she is intelligent and decent so why would she be bothered by something so shallow? Its fear I suppose.

Keep strong mate. What is important is that you sound like a top guy, and one that any girl or guy would want to be friends or more with. The people who deserve to be around us wont be bothered by your acne, those who are different with you because of it are just not worth bothering with!]

I'd be worried if a guy wanted to be more than friends with me :S lol but cheers dude, always good to know some other people have the exact same thing :)

Hiii RobJ,

Well I can understand you don't know much about makeup.. :lol: ( N yeah I never considered you to be gay :naughty: ) Ok.. so anyways if you want to hide your red marks... Then you can go for a concealer.. You can just apply regular moisturizer first.. And then after that you can just dab the concealer on the marks.. Blend the edges with the surrounding skin.. you can use some powder on top of that so it gets set.. I think this is pretty normal.. And I dont think anyone would think you have put on makeup.. (That's the last thing we want people to know.. :D ) ok.. Now just the tough part choosing the correct tone of the concealer.. I advise you to go with someone like your mom or sister to buy it.. They'll know exactly what you want.. ok.. Hope this helps!! Let me know if you need any help.. cya.. :)

Hmm ok...I think I might have a look around in the drug store on Monday just to see what kind of things are around. If I get stuck I can always ask one of the beauty women at the checkout things. I probably won't actually wear the stuff though on the actual day when I see her, she likes me for who I am and I want to prove that I'm not exactly perfect (like everyone basically). With any luck she'll like me for my confidence :) Thanks

Going through the exact same thing, meeting a gorgeous girl on Monday and I'm pretty confident but still some insecurities in my mind. My skin does look quite good now though but it'll take a little while for me to get back to being comfortable.

I probably won't actually wear the stuff though on the actual day when I see her, she likes me for who I am and I want to prove that I'm not exactly perfect (like everyone basically). With any luck she'll like me for my confidence :) Thanks

I am so glad to hear that from you.. You sound soooo confident Rob.... :clap: The most important thing in any relationship is that you know the person from inside.. If she really likes you for what you are then she'll accept you just like that.. I agree no one's perfect.. And Imperfections makes us strong.. I just told you about the makeup thing coz I thought you are worried about your looks.. But let me tell you.. Now you have got beyond that.. N I'm really happy for you.. So with all this confidence I don't think It's going to be difficult for you to get this girl.. All the best!! :)

I probably won't actually wear the stuff though on the actual day when I see her, she likes me for who I am and I want to prove that I'm not exactly perfect (like everyone basically). With any luck she'll like me for my confidence :) Thanks

I am so glad to hear that from you.. You sound soooo confident Rob.... :clap: The most important thing in any relationship is that you know the person from inside.. If she really likes you for what you are then she'll accept you just like that.. I agree no one's perfect.. And Imperfections makes us strong.. I just told you about the makeup thing coz I thought you are worried about your looks.. But let me tell you.. Now you have got beyond that.. N I'm really happy for you.. So with all this confidence I don't think It's going to be difficult for you to get this girl.. All the best!! :)

What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger :) Well...here goes and thanks for your help everyone :)