Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TrevorB

Bad dark circles...

Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of bad dark circles?

I know it has a lot to do with genes and stuff but I'm the only one in my family with dark circles like this. I find it (right after acne) to be the worst part face. I've tried various creams but nothing really seemed to help...

Hey TrevorB,

I also get dark circles at times when I sleep late at night.. But they go on their own whenever I sleep on time.. like after 2-3 days... I guess I'm lucky there.. :D I wish it was same for acne.. :lol:

Anyways I had read somewhere about these tips for black circles...

You can use cucumber juice or potato juice or rose water...

Try putting these on the area everyday for 15 minutes.. I personally have tried all of them.. And they work well.. Only will take some time.. Depends actually how bad your problem is...

Hope this helps!!

try to sleep early..

That doesn't help much.

Trust me, I've been through so many different sleeping patterns and it didn't change anything...

One thing that has helped me was taking an antihistamine before I fall asleep. Allergies often have a part in dark circles and puffiness - so the antihistamine helps. There really are no "miracle" creams that help with the dark circles/puffiness. Believe me I have tried EVERYTHING because I have always had dark circles.

One thing that has helped me was taking an antihistamine before I fall asleep. Allergies often have a part in dark circles and puffiness - so the antihistamine helps. There really are no "miracle" creams that help with the dark circles/puffiness. Believe me I have tried EVERYTHING because I have always had dark circles.

ok ok. :/

Thanks.

I have a similar problem! I have dark circles sometimes, but they aren't that bad. What I hate is that the area under my eyes is like, dry and kinda wrinkly. I'M 15! That's not cool. I can't put any kind of eye cream on because I have severe allergic reactions to most anything I put in that area. I'm serious, my eyes swell shut. I don't know what to do because it's dry and kinda itchy but I can't put anything on it. The only time it feels good is after I remove my eye makeup with Vaseline, but I can't leave Vaseline on there, can I? I have strange issues. :lol:

My undereye circles used to be a little dark, but they've been really terribly severe since my last month of Accutane. I'm going to be getting laser treatment on them soon. Do you get puffiness with your undereye darkness? I never had that problem, but I agree with Mousie that something like Claritin would likely help in that case.

Well, don't do anything that makes them worse like not sleeping or rubbing the area and breaking capillaries.

Other than that, the only way to improve them is to thicken the skin. Which might happen with the application of anything that stimulates collagen like a vitamin C serum or retinoid.

And I've never managed to cover mine without calling attention to them since I also have deep set eyes and the bone under the eye socket is fairly prominent. But what really helps is to apply a highlighting powder or pencil to the inner corners and just a little way down on the under eye. Putting any more on just highlights the bone. But if you don't have that problem you may be able to put more.

I know it has a lot to do with genes and stuff but I'm the only one in my family with dark circles like this. I find it (right after acne) to be the worst part face. I've tried various creams but nothing really seemed to help...

Cutting out dairy for like a week really helped me!! And my nose redness went down too. Holding ice there is good if you don't want to make any dietary changes but don't expect miracles, it helps temporarily. You could always supplement vitamin K to improve circulation, caus I believe dark circles are the result of trapped capillaries, or something.

Cutting out dairy for like a week really helped me!! And my nose redness went down too. Holding ice there is good if you don't want to make any dietary changes but don't expect miracles, it helps temporarily. You could always supplement vitamin K to improve circulation, caus I believe dark circles are the result of trapped capillaries, or something.

That's one cause, especially when caused by lack of sleep. Some say allergies are another contributor.

However, for a lot of us like me and I'm guessing, the OP, it's thin skin and permanent. And the only way to make it better is to stimulate collagen to thicken skin.

But even if it is genetic thin skin, allergies, sleep, rubbing, etc could be making them worse.

Although,

Making sure you're drinking enough water can help with dark circles, too.

Making sure you're drinking enough water can help with dark circles, too.

I drink 10 bottles of water a day... O_O

my dark circles are natural :ninja: if you're up for it* haha my solution is to apply a eyeshadow

close to your skin tone but a bit lighter under your eyes

it's helped me and i don't even look tired under bad lighting (such as the gym)

I find that my circles get worse when my anemia gets worse. Since, you're a guy, you probably don't have the same problem--unless you are on some sort of special diet and aren't getting enough iron with it.

I take iron supplements.

:shrug:

I find that my circles get worse when my anemia gets worse. Since, you're a guy, you probably don't have the same problem--unless you are on some sort of special diet and aren't getting enough iron with it.

I take iron supplements.

Aww, me too. High five for being anemic. : P

I take iron supplements.

Same here. I wonder if that could be the cause? :think:

I take iron supplements.

:hifive:

Ohh, you best' b'lieve I took you up on your high five for anemia!! That's right, c'est...

increasing our oxygen supply, one big, ugly, iron, horse-pill at a time... :P

I take iron supplements.

Hmm, I didn't know that anemia could cause dark circles. I am anemic.

I'm anemic and I'm meant to take two tablets a day which I can't stand doing. I swear they make my skin worse. So sometimes I just don't take them and I yawn constantly!! But now I know they make dark circles better I might take them...lol