Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yarrmatey

Dryness/flakiness: new to the regimen

Ok, I have been using benzoyl peroxide once daily, sometimes twice daily, for about 2 months. I can't say I noticed a large difference so I decided to research my problem and settled on the acne.org regimen. I didn't use the acne.org products, I substituted well reviewed products that were more easily accessible to me, a decent cleanser, neutrogena on the spot and a moisturizer. I have used moisturizer before, infrequently though as I was always afraid it might make my breakouts even worse. However, it is part of the regimen and I figured my increased use of benzoyl peroxide would warrant it. No more than 2 days into the regimen, my face is painfully dry and flaky. I assume this is due to the cleanser. Needless to say I stopped the cleanser, but is there any way I can return my face to its regularly moisturized state, is there any downside to using moisturizer multiple times a day? Basically, I would like my face to stop burning and flaky, if the acne persists so be it but this is far more trouble.

Ok, I have been using benzoyl peroxide once daily, sometimes twice daily, for about 2 months. I can't say I noticed a large difference so I decided to research my problem and settled on the acne.org regimen. I didn't use the acne.org products, I substituted well reviewed products that were more easily accessible to me, a decent cleanser, neutrogena on the spot and a moisturizer. I have used moisturizer before, infrequently though as I was always afraid it might make my breakouts even worse. However, it is part of the regimen and I figured my increased use of benzoyl peroxide would warrant it. No more than 2 days into the regimen, my face is painfully dry and flaky. I assume this is due to the cleanser. Needless to say I stopped the cleanser, but is there any way I can return my face to its regularly moisturized state, is there any downside to using moisturizer multiple times a day? Basically, I would like my face to stop burning and flaky, if the acne persists so be it but this is far more trouble.

I am just finishing my second week and I know how you feel. During the first week my skin was very red and flaky- really bad in fact. Anyways, I believe that I was putting too much BP on at one time and the key is to start slowly which I kinda of ignored out of desperation. This is day 14 for me and I can say that I am amazed at the results so far. My skin is still really flaky but the redness is mostly gone. My face is usually red after I wash and go through the regimen but evens out within an hour or two. I have found that the Jojoba oil mixed with my moisturizer has helped get rid of the flaky skin, or at least gets me through the day without looking totally disgusting. I also am using the On the Spot but I ordered some stuff here and I am looking forward to using a clear gel. I personally haven't broken out from the lotion or jojoba oil. The first week I broke out a lot but in the second week I started to get results. Good luck!