Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmirfyTyme

Finally clearing & it's not the BP!

Everything that I have tried recently, BP and Hebiclens, seems to somewhat slowly work with a ton of side effects to boot. Side effects like dry, irritated, red skin, more breakouts...ect.

I've finally turned to a very Holistic extreme approach. One of which I would never have dreamed of doing if I wasn't so desperate.

My solution: I cut Coffee/Lattes and almost all caffeine from my daily routine and started drinking Spearmint Tea. 17 + yrs of drinking coffee/lattes, diet-soda, sometimes Excedrin Migraine; and yes I'm a little sick today, from caffeine withdrawal, after day 4 of quitting. Withdrawal sickness supposedly lasts 2-9days. (hopefully)

I am not saying that the Caffeine was breaking me out per se, but it definitely was not helping. I started drinking Spearmint Tea a week before I stopped drinking the Java, and didn't see the significant results I am seeing now. The Tea did make me noticeably less oily, and my recent breakout was tapering off a little bit.

Quick note on the Spearmint Tea intake:

BTW, I am a female that is not on BC. I'm unsure how Spearmint Tea will affect males. Spearmint is one of the bigger anti-androgenic herbs. Vitex/chasteberry is also another commonly known supplement to moderate hormone levels in women.

Has anyone else seen a connection to their acne and daily caffeine intake?

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this is an answer to everyone's acne, just mine.

spearmint tea seems to be helping my acne also. I break open the dry tea bag, put the tea into an empty capsule ( I buy at whole foods) and take it in a capsule form if I don't have time to drink the tea.