Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some red marks on my face that have been there for almost three years now. And the red marks I get from new acne usually take a really long time to go away. Is it possible that some of these are scars? I thought scars were actual indentions, there are no indentions on my face, just marks =/

Will these ever go away, if so, why are some of them taking sooooo long???

You should try creams that has kojic acid. IT does WORK, atleast for me.

Guest missyjean130

They say if it lasts more than a few months than it's a scar,but I say that's bull. I've had red marks lasting more than a year and they eventually faded.

Seems to me like RED marks fade eventually, whether that's months or years.

but if it turns darker like brown or a sort of purplish deep red, it may not go away on it's own.

that's just how it's been for me

Perhaps you should see the dermatologist? If you can?

They could tell you better than us, We don't have pictures to go by or anything O:

I'm also an asian half breed, not that it makes much difference lol but I just noticed yours said korean half breed. Anyway, I have redmarks t hat lasted around 3 years and are still going to away SLOWLY. I think they do eventually go away but some people have to suffer longer.I have been using Kojic acid I got from eBay, it's not a huge difference, but I'm using that and Neutrogena anti wrinkle anti blemish cream, it has retinol, so I think the combo of that and with time, it starts to heal.