Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I have moderate to severe acne on my face, arms, thighs and buttocks and have been on DKR to treat my face. I feel that since I have acne in several areas, would taking acne pills help me get clear faster? I think I have too much body acne to combat with BP+AHA as it is irritating and makes the skin red. I do not know much about pills, what are some pros and cons and good brands? Thanks :angel:

I took minocycline for about six years and it's the one thing that drastically improved my skin. The downside is that it's an antibiotic and puts extra stress on your body if you take it for extended periods of time. My dermatologist had me get a blood test once a year just to make sure that nothing was wrong. It improved the acne on my face and body and I'd definitely recommend it.

Although you don't want to try creams on your body, I'd recommend creams as well. Even while taking antibiotics and birth control for my skin, my back never cleared up completely (well almost completely) without the use of prescription creams. Using Retin-A-Micro on my back every night does the trick for me.