Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there, I'm at my wits end with my stupid hormonal acne! I can't take it anymore. I've been on Yasmin for almost 2 months and it's really not helping. I'm still getting hormonal breakouts, geez especially right before my period and during. My periods are still heavy and the cramps are still the same too. Sorry, I can't take the controllable acne while on Yasmin, I want it GONE! I never had this problem until last year. I keep waiting for it to get better and better and it never does! Because I don't have health insurance, I've been going to a health clinic, that does have a dermatologist. I've seen her twice, she put me on Doxy (100mg) and the Clindamycin gel. Has been ok, but not like I am expecting. I really want to ask her to put me on Spiro, but I'm afraid, she's never heard of it or something else. As I said before, I don't have health insurance, so I don't have many more options, should I ask her ahead of time like over the phone or just go and ask her to put me on it? I never really suggested anything to her, cause I know if I see her, she'll put me on a lower does of the antibiotic. Am I being too impatient with Yasmin? I honestly don't think Yasmin will clear me up on it's own, I just have this stubborn shit acne and no matter what it will NOT go away. I eat healthy, I exercise 5 days a week. I can't take it anymore!

Can anyone offer advice and I apologize for the long rant, I'm so fed up with this, I'm ready to jump off a cliff, literally!

I know, first hand, your frustration. Have you told your doctor how you feel? I don't understand why she would lower your dose of antibiotics? Bactrim is a good antibiotic; it worked for me for almost two years before I built up a resistance to it. It might work to get you over this hump. Levaquin is good but from what I understand you can only take it short term?

I'm on my third week of spiro with a horrible breakout from my first period on it so I'm in no position to offer any other advice.

Hey ladies, sorry to hear your frustration.

I just wanted to say though that it will be much better for you to hang in there than stop the yasmin now. I'm sorry to say, but with all these medications you need to have a lot of patience.

I was on dianette for three years. When I first started it it took 9 months(the time it takes to create a child lol) for it to start working. If you think about it, it's a huge adjustment your body is making to be able to work in harmony with these drugs. I've changed to yasmin as of 4 months ago as dianette is now being recommended against by the docs.

I'd at least give it 6 months just to give it a good change for your body to adjust to yasmin.

I think these experiences have made me a more patient person in general, which will help me for the rest of my life. Its all about the long term gain for the short term pain =) Sorry for the rhyme.

Hey ladies, sorry to hear your frustration.

I just wanted to say though that it will be much better for you to hang in there than stop the yasmin now. I'm sorry to say, but with all these medications you need to have a lot of patience.

I was on dianette for three years. When I first started it it took 9 months(the time it takes to create a child lol) for it to start working. If you think about it, it's a huge adjustment your body is making to be able to work in harmony with these drugs. I've changed to yasmin as of 4 months ago as dianette is now being recommended against by the docs.

I'd at least give it 6 months just to give it a good change for your body to adjust to yasmin.

I think these experiences have made me a more patient person in general, which will help me for the rest of my life. Its all about the long term gain for the short term pain =) Sorry for the rhyme.

Hey there!

Thanks for both of your replies guys! How is Yasmin working for you Whiskers McCoy?

Heya=)

Yeah I think its starting to improve again now. I went straight onto it after dianette. First few months, nothing much changed. Got bit oilier first month. Then third month started breaking out a bit, but the oil decreased lol. So now in month four, oil has decreased greatly and the breakouts are lessening.

I give two very enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbsup:

How u doin now? Im thinking you already in the stage I was at in month 3 so hang in there!

Hello there, I'm at my wits end with my stupid hormonal acne! I can't take it anymore. I've been on Yasmin for almost 2 months and it's really not helping. I'm still getting hormonal breakouts, geez especially right before my period and during. My periods are still heavy and the cramps are still the same too. Sorry, I can't take the controllable acne while on Yasmin, I want it GONE! I never had this problem until last year. I keep waiting for it to get better and better and it never does! Because I don't have health insurance, I've been going to a health clinic, that does have a dermatologist. I've seen her twice, she put me on Doxy (100mg) and the Clindamycin gel. Has been ok, but not like I am expecting. I really want to ask her to put me on Spiro, but I'm afraid, she's never heard of it or something else. As I said before, I don't have health insurance, so I don't have many more options, should I ask her ahead of time like over the phone or just go and ask her to put me on it? I never really suggested anything to her, cause I know if I see her, she'll put me on a lower does of the antibiotic. Am I being too impatient with Yasmin? I honestly don't think Yasmin will clear me up on it's own, I just have this stubborn shit acne and no matter what it will NOT go away. I eat healthy, I exercise 5 days a week. I can't take it anymore!

Can anyone offer advice and I apologize for the long rant, I'm so fed up with this, I'm ready to jump off a cliff, literally!

Hey there,

I can understand how you are feeling.. But just try n stay calm.. You know stress makes things worst.. I also get acne like you at the time of the month.. I guess you cant help that.. But i have noticed that in the past 2 months my acne during that time isnt all that bad.. I just take some precautions before the menses.. I start using my acne medications 1 week prior to that.. By the way I was also prescribed similar medication (Clindamycin & doxy 100 mg) by the Derm.. Only there was extra BP 2.5%.. I have mild to moderate acne.. And these 3 things helped alot.. My face was clearer in about 15 days.. with some brown marks left.. You can try to add BP 2.5% with clindamycin & doxy and I am sure your results would be much faster... Google about using clindamycin & BP 2.5% together and you'll come across many reports saying the combo works faster than either of them alone... I have no experience with contraceptive pills.. so cant help you there...

Hope this helps!!

Hey there,

I can understand how you are feeling.. But just try n stay calm.. You know stress makes things worst.. I also get acne like you at the time of the month.. I guess you cant help that.. But i have noticed that in the past 2 months my acne during that time isnt all that bad.. I just take some precautions before the menses.. I start using my acne medications 1 week prior to that.. By the way I was also prescribed similar medication (Clindamycin & doxy 100 mg) by the Derm.. Only there was extra BP 2.5%.. I have mild to moderate acne.. And these 3 things helped alot.. My face was clearer in about 15 days.. with some brown marks left.. You can try to add BP 2.5% with clindamycin & doxy and I am sure your results would be much faster... Google about using clindamycin & BP 2.5% together and you'll come across many reports saying the combo works faster than either of them alone... I have no experience with contraceptive pills.. so cant help you there...

Hope this helps!!

Thank you for your response, but the topicals don't do much anymore. I do use both, (Clindamycin and 2.5% bp) and they don't help at all. When I get acne, it takes forever to disappear, and I'm tired of that too. That I can't understand at all. It's seriously stressing me out and I hate to even leave my house. I never had this problem before, my face was so clear last year, and now bam, they don't stop! Thanks for your response, appreciate it! :angel:

Heyyy,

I'm happy to help you.. :) So u have already tried the combo.. U used it for how many days?? N hows your acne.. I mean its of what type.. The time it takes to heal depends upon how severe your acne is.. Mine wasn't all that serious... so I got results early.. I think you need to give it at least a month's time.. And if you have already done so.. Then another option I can tell you is... Go for natural stuff like kitchen remedies.. Well I am having my menses currently.. And coz of that I have got few mild acne on my face.. I recently started using a toner at night.. Its Apple Cider Vinegar and Green Tea toner.. I have sensitive skin so I made 1:4 (ACV:Green tea) proportion.. I am using it for past 2-3 days at night instead of BP.. N some of my acne dried just after 1 night and some have reduced in size.. So I guess its kinda working.. :think: I still need to give it few more days.. It also helps a lot for red marks post acne... I think you should give it a try if you haven't already..

I just dont like to depend on the medication coz I dont think they are good in long run.. :naughty: So I keep trying more natural stuff...

Let me know how it goes.. Best of luck!! Cya :)

Heya=)

Yeah I think its starting to improve again now. I went straight onto it after dianette. First few months, nothing much changed. Got bit oilier first month. Then third month started breaking out a bit, but the oil decreased lol. So now in month four, oil has decreased greatly and the breakouts are lessening.

I give two very enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbsup:

How u doin now? Im thinking you already in the stage I was at in month 3 so hang in there!

Hey there, thanks for the response back. I'm in the 2nd pack and I have 2 white pills left. It's not going like I thought with Yasmin, but maybe I should be more patient? My period is still heavy and the cramps and acne as well. It's bringing up my deep hard white heads, that have been on my face for almost 6 months now. But it also keeps giving my red somewhat small to medium zits like on my jawline, cheeks, forehead and nose, I never get zits there. I have so many red marks from an older breakout that happened in March, so it just looks bad, although my red mars are beginning to fade, I just wish they'd go faster, now with these new zits that Yasmin is giving me, it's going to make my face look worse. I hate it! I just hope Yasmin helps with the period acne, it hasn't done anything for me except slow down my facial hair growth.

Heyyy,

I'm happy to help you.. :) So u have already tried the combo.. U used it for how many days?? N hows your acne.. I mean its of what type.. The time it takes to heal depends upon how severe your acne is.. Mine wasn't all that serious... so I got results early.. I think you need to give it at least a month's time.. And if you have already done so.. Then another option I can tell you is... Go for natural stuff like kitchen remedies.. Well I am having my menses currently.. And coz of that I have got few mild acne on my face.. I recently started using a toner at night.. Its Apple Cider Vinegar and Green Tea toner.. I have sensitive skin so I made 1:4 (ACV:Green tea) proportion.. I am using it for past 2-3 days at night instead of BP.. N some of my acne dried just after 1 night and some have reduced in size.. So I guess its kinda working.. :think: I still need to give it few more days.. It also helps a lot for red marks post acne... I think you should give it a try if you haven't already..

I just dont like to depend on the medication coz I dont think they are good in long run.. :naughty: So I keep trying more natural stuff...

Let me know how it goes.. Best of luck!! Cya :)

Thanks again for your response! :)

Just wanted to say that two months is too early for a verdict on any acne method. The first time my daughter was on Yasmin and spiro it took 3 months to see a change. It looks like that's the way it's going this time too.

Just wanted to say that two months is too early for a verdict on any acne method. The first time my daughter was on Yasmin and spiro it took 3 months to see a change. It looks like that's the way it's going this time too.

Thank you! I am just so impatient when it comes to my stupid skin. :( I'm currently not on Spiro, but may get on it in a few months, depending on how Yasmin pans out for me. :sick:

Wiskers McCoy...

Acne is a skin condition and not a person. Just as a shoe is an item of clothing and not a foot.

Blatant logic? You decide. I'm too busy dancing anyway.

I know you are one of those people who rock their lives with or without acne. Awesome.

I love this - thank you!