Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

are there threads in here that are not of a technical nature made by Dan and other staff if that is all this section is for?

And why have no other threads in this section been locked for not being technical?

Look, what you see is what you get here. Please keep in mind that this forum is not a country with a strict set of "rights". Arguing is fine. Name calling and flaming is not. You can argue without sounding like a condescending parent and threads will get closed if they're off topic or getting too heated.

fair enough, but it didn't even seem particlarly heated to me. before 'c'est la vigne' came alone being all arsey, i was just explaining why i said what i did and even said that i didn't intend to offend anyone etc.

meh i guess i'm just used to more relaxed forums where mods aren't so quick to jump in and close topics at the slightest sign of an argument.

I know what you mean. There are some forums where the atmosphere is more relaxed for debate, but here it's pretty strict only because Dan risks liability. We :wub: Dan and want to see this place stick around so we keep a tight reign on things around here. :)

are there threads in here that are not of a technical nature made by Dan and other staff if that is all this section is for?

And why have no other threads in this section been locked for not being technical?

i agree with the op. the op's thread here in this forum was closed simply because the mod didnt like or appreciate the comment that was made. ive seen lots of other thread here of a non-technical nature that didnt get closed. maybe moved, but not closed. i agree that the mods on this site are too strict and i think its hypocritical considering that some of them can be outright mean and hostile in threads (especially cool as kim deal)!

i agree with the op. the op's thread here in this forum was closed simply because the mod didnt like or appreciate the comment that was made. ive seen lots of other thread here of a non-technical nature that didnt get closed. maybe moved, but not closed. i agree that the mods on this site are too strict and i think its hypocritical considering that some of them can be outright mean and hostile in threads (especially cool as kim deal)!

She is never mean and hostile; always helpful, professional and nice. Smart person, very helpful.

As this thread has deteriorated to nothing but name-calling, it is closed.

Politely making your views known is always better.

Besides, this thread is much better for The Lounge. It would have eventually been closed anyway. Check out the two (or is it three?) Party in the Lounge threads. ;)