Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently bought a pack of 500mg B5. I was planning to take the 20 capsules a day, in guidance with the recommendations on this site and others.

This does seem like an excessive dosage, and I am concerned about the side effects which people said result from other B vitamins being reduced within your body.

1) I have very mild acne. Could I see good results on taking just 10 capsules a day? Or would it not be worth it?

2) Would buying a B-complex pack and taking small doses of the pill help prevent a vitamin B deficiency, or does taking B-complex whilst on B5 prevent B5 from clearing acne?

3) Could I take 20 capsules a day for a month, and then move on to a lower dosage? Would the results be maintained?

I recently bought a pack of 500mg B5. I was planning to take the 20 capsules a day, in guidance with the recommendations on this site and others.

This does seem like an excessive dosage, and I am concerned about the side effects which people said result from other B vitamins being reduced within your body.

1) I have very mild acne. Could I see good results on taking just 10 capsules a day? Or would it not be worth it?

2) Would buying a B-complex pack and taking small doses of the pill help prevent a vitamin B deficiency, or does taking B-complex whilst on B5 prevent B5 from clearing acne?

3) Could I take 20 capsules a day for a month, and then move on to a lower dosage? Would the results be maintained?

DO NOT exeed the dose stated on the packet. Seriously, never mind what other people say they have used. Without supervision of a medical practicioner you could, will, do yourself more harm than good. The recommended daily allowance of B5 is a tiny 4-7mg, 500mg is a thereputic dose and taking 20 times that is dangerous. Please be careful.

DO NOT exeed the dose stated on the packet. Seriously, never mind what other people say they have used. Without supervision of a medical practicioner you could, will, do yourself more harm than good. The recommended daily allowance of B5 is a tiny 4-7mg, 500mg is a thereputic dose and taking 20 times that is dangerous. Please be careful.

But why are there so many website promoting that 20 capsule dosage and various stories which appear to hold positive results? Surely, they can't all be mistaken.

But why are there so many website promoting that 20 capsule dosage and various stories which appear to hold positive results? Surely, they can't all be mistaken.

^ don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? yes they can be mistaken. yeah, there's positive results, but no one knows the long term effects. i've personally read that you can really f*** your liver taking such a megadose for long periods of time. but to answer your questions:

1) Yes, I believe the 10g dosage is for people w/ severe acne. And people have reported having success with less than 10g dose.

2) Yes, you can take a B-Complex to prevent a deficiency in the other vitamin B's.

3) Yes, if you do opt for such a high dosage, and notice results, you can slowly reduce your dosage to an amount that will keep your acne in check.

I saw amazing results by taking less than 5grams a day... and when I say amazing I mean... from medium acne to spotless.....had to stop due to hair loss damn it.