Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xHAVEHEARTx

Accutane log, with pictures now and then!

Well doubting anyone will read this, but whatever haha. So today is day 9 of my treatment, almost into double digits!! As of right now my face is starting to clear up from my IB, only 1 active on my face. How pleasant. I have a few red marks on my chin, temples and forehead, but apparently I think they are a lot worse than they are. I am trying my best to just not worry about my face, and not let my acne control me. I find if I just put it out of my head and have the confidence I have always had then people tend to pay a lot less attention to it. Like today at work I had a really attractive customer flirting with me, and at first I was like uhhhh does she not see my face right now? But whatever. Putting my acne out of my mind. I have better things to waste time worrying about, I know the accutane will do it's job and 4 months from now my face will be clear! November cannot come soon enough.

Start of Day 10!

DRY DRY DRY! Shoot! It's funny, the few spots where I still have acne/red marks my skin is dry, but my cheeks and forehead are ridiculously smooth, smoother than they have ever been, and I haven't really been using a moisturizer, but damn! they feel nice. Up side; my IB is going away quickly as it came, I mean my face isn't entirely clear, but the spots that were getting tougher than kurt russel the first few days of this IB are small red marks. Bing bang boom, money money money nice nice nice! So I had one active this morning, decided to leave it alone, let it chill, talk about our day, then hit it up with the face wash later. I do have this one gross spot on my chin though, it's a scab because I kind of accidentally picked at this one spot, and it went from not noticable to boom! it looks like if my face was a map, and you were looking for a "you are here sign" this spot would be that sign. But whatever, I have about a month and a half before school starts and my face is already looking better at day 10, I hit the low with that lame IB, (who if the IB was a person, it totally would be "that guy" you know, the one you don't like to be seen with in public with....) so there is no where to go but up!

p.s. funny story: So I am open about my acne, I take the opportunity to tell people that I am using accutane to get rid of it once and for all, I mean it's mild enough where it isn't drawing a whole bunch of attention. BUT anyway this guy from work asked me if I was taking "the acne pill" apparently he took it too, and he noticed me with 3 botttles of water on my desk, chapstick, and moisturizer, which was a dead give away hahaha. So we got talking about accutane, then college, which led to him being like, "JUST DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH WHEN YOU ARE ON THAT PILL" followed by him trying to be cool......giving an old guy elbow poke. You know the one. So I was like oh I don't drink, so no worries there. And he is like "yeah keep it on the down low, that way you can keep getting that money for beer." So I proceeded to explain to him that I was straight edge and that I don't drink, smoke, or have promiscuous sex. And he was absolutely dumbfounded. He didn't believe me, and he was like "Good one bro!!!" I then was like no. I'm serious and showed him my tattoo. And he actually was like "Wow that takes a lot of self respect and courage." Sorry for the lame story but I always appreciate when people actually respect the fact that I choose to be straight edge rather than mock me for it, or tell me how stupid of a choice it is.

p.s.s. If anyone here is into good hardcore check out Lionhearted, Thick As Blood, and Call to Preserve!!!! I've been so into them lately.

Day 11:Day 11 woo! that's one more than 10! Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................noth

ing new really. No more new party poopers on my face today. IB is clearing up, everything is still super dryyyy though. Not into that whole dry thing too much. BUT! today I ordered some new clothes online, and accidentally submitted the order twice. great. $140 is gone now, but oh well I'll sell these extra shirts haha. I'll post some pictures later when I'm done with work.

Day 13:Well it's day 13, my lips are dry as all hell, my face is clearing up, and i figured pictures speak louder than words. Don't mind the one big red spot on my chin, i totally destroyed it after i finally shaved the few dark patches of hair i call a beard haha. BUT! My face is still not great, but it is getting there.

post-106678-1247406451_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1247406451_thumb.jpg

Day 14 Ah! So happy right now, my face is looking nice as of right now, all I have left from my IB is small red marks, I mean they are kind of noticable, but they are just red marks. I have been using this neosporin lotion stuff to treat them and they are going away super fast! I am confident that the majority of my acne will be cleared up by the end of this month, and I cannot wait!!!!!!

I am two days behind you and my skin broke out like crazy yesterday. Your post, too, gives me hope that my skin will clear up soon - great the accutane has helped you so much already!

day 14/15 I guess pictureThings have cleared up even more since this morning? Haha what an excellent surprise. Anyways, here's a picture.

post-106678-1247545845_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1247545845_thumb.jpg

I'm 6 weeks into Accutane (Roaccutane here in Oz) and the water and lipbalm obsession is eventually going to give the game away for me too lol. I freak out if I don't have it with me at all times.

And you have an awesome sense of humour!

Day 15! My self confidence is back to all time highs! Last night I met this girl working at the mall, I was talking to her, and making a bunch of jokes while she looked for a pair of shoes for me. Jokingly, when she checked me out i wrote my number on the receipt and was like hey, anytime you want to experience my cullinary expertise..well...a homemade pizza pocket dinner, you know where to find me! So this morning she called me back and I am going out to dinner with her this week! So awesome!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! My face is totally clear aside from a couple small red marks on my forehead and chin. I mean I have the whole dry skin look going, which let me tell you is so attractive! But who cares I got a date with the cutest girl I've seen in a long time, my face is clearing up and it's only the second week, and as much as i hate warped tour I get to see A Day to Remember and Alexisonfire so shit! Life's awesome!!!

It seems like you made quite a progress within just 2 weeks. I'm just on day 5 yet, and going thru the biggest breakout I've ever had in a long time. Hopefully once my IB is gone, my progress will be similar to yours (:

Day 17: I broke out again. What the fuck! I knew things were going too smoothly. I got one pimple on each of my cheeks and one on my chin, which is not too big of a deal. But I think I have a cyst? Idk I've never had one in my life, but I have these two light red spots right on my forehead of all places, that are like hard and hurt to be touched. Shit's Weak. I really hope these go away soon they are creeping me out.

Day 18: Yo! Good news! Those spots that were creepin' on my forehead are going away! I got this new facewash that has less of a concentration of bp in it too, because I think my old face wash was irritating my face. Well, I think that worked! Dropped them like a bad habit! It reduced my amount of red spots, and everything that was there yesterday is slowly dissapearing today. This stuff is awesome it's called neutrogena clear pore. It has 3.3% bp, but what is so nice about it is, after you apply it you can feel it opening up your poors right away and it feels nice and cool and so nice! I would totally reccomend it for people who have mildish acne like I do. Well, at least I hope it continues working, and gets rid of these spots I still have left. FARTZ! :snooty:

here is the stuff!

post-106678-1247837015_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1247837015_thumb.jpg

Day 19:Accutane blowz.

Broke out again or what?

Yeah, a little bit, it just sucks because my face cleared up a lot, so it is way more noticeable.

Day 20: Woke up and my face looks like shit again! HOOOOORAY! I'm glad acne isn't totally noticeable, or this would suck a whole bunch.......oh wait.....it totally is. There is no way my face is going to be cleared up by the time college starts. YES! That totally r00Lz!!!!!! I broke out on my jawline. I have never in my life broke out there. I guess my IB isn't over. So great.

post-106678-1248014373_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1248014383_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1248014373_thumb.jpg

post-106678-1248014383_thumb.jpg

=( sorrrry dude

sick gauges tho !

yeahh i just started too and im waiting for my IB to happen and stop teasing me alreadyyyy, cause i feel like its getting better but the IB is gonna hit me soon i bet =(

sucks. but yeah i just want it to happen and get it over with already.

we'llll get there eventualllly

good luck!

Day 21: Well I am officially on the 3rd week of my course. Time is really flying by. As for my face, it has cleared up a pretty good amount since I took those pictures yesterday. It's not anywhere near how clear it was a few days ago, but oh well, patience is a virtue to have with this super not fun adventure. These 50 hour work weeks are really getting to me though, and to make matters worse I forgot to get my aquaphor or chapstick. My lips are going to fucking DIE today. I apologize lips. On another note, I watched the patriot the other day and it got my super pumped on fighting redcoats, so I built a time machine to go back and make my mark in history. The only problem is, my time machine is just a cardboard box with time machine written on the side, and it only goes forward in time, at normal speed.

Day 22: Well it's day 22, and my face continues to look like shit, I even had someone at work tell me it looked bad, so I told them to fuck off which i got in trouble for. cool. I hate accutane a lot right now. Like a whole bunch. My face was clearing up so well and now this. Clear skin isn't even worth 5 months of this bullshit. Seriously. Fuck this.

Day 23:Face continues to look bad. Very unhappy with how things are going. One week away from being through the first month, and my results are going down rather than up. Pretty sure my face looks about as bad as when i started accutane, if not worse. Awesome.

Day 25: things are clearing up slowly but surely, honestly I would like a lot better results being this close to the one month mark, but you can't always get what you want.

post-106678-1248487986_thumb.jpg

Awesome man, you are clearing up. Honestly I didn't get the results I wanted until after month 3. You still got a lot of months to go and I am sure you will be clear. Good luck!

Hey :)

I was reading your log and I decided to reply. You're skin is looking great so far! I know it's irritating when you have that nasty initial breakout, but don't give up on Accutane; it's going to work for you! I don't think I saw results until maybe halfway into month 2, so yes, I know how hopeless you can feel when you think it's not working.

Hang in there!