Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manu

would you....

ok here is the thing:

i have tons of ice pick scars on my forehead. bascially every pore turned into a scar. i had a co2 laser treatment 10 years ago which destroyed most of my pigmentation near the hairline. so partly my skin is whitewhite, and the scars are still there.

but....i still have pigmentation where the scars are.

ok now. i have needled my skin, didnt help, used peelings, didnt help.

but i want to get another treatment in fall.

i just dont know which one.....i dont trust lasers anymore. and they are too expensive....

i am thinking about getting a dermabrasio.

as my scars are so tiny i hope that helps a bit....20% improvement would be helpful....

but i am scared that i lose the rest of my pigmentation.

would you risk that?

anybody here who had dermabrasio on a skin taht was treated with a laser before?

i really want this to be my last treatment but i am afraid it might makes things worse...

The co2 laser you did 10years ago isn't the same used today.

Non-Ablative laser are very safe. Ablative lasers have a LITTLE risk.

Dermabrasion has serious risks, I would say much more than lasers. Is more like you don't lose pigmentantion and actually be hyperpigmented.

I have the same tought as you.. for example, i would never do fraxel repair, is fucking good, but there's risk and i don't wanna take it :|

hm. but do non ablative lasers actually work??

i just dont want to spend any more money on this....and lasers are so expensive....but i think one more treatment would actually help....erks....

i do not know waht to do:(

The co2 laser you did 10years ago isn't the same used today.

Non-Ablative laser are very safe. Ablative lasers have a LITTLE risk.

Dermabrasion has serious risks, I would say much more than lasers. Is more like you don't lose pigmentantion and actually be hyperpigmented.

I have the same tought as you.. for example, i would never do fraxel repair, is fucking good, but there's risk and i don't wanna take it :|

do you have a pic of a area to see, since there are shallow ice pick and etc

yes i do. i was actually shocked when i saw my forehead on the pic. i think if somebody needs a good example for an anti laser article, that would be me:(

anyway. damage is done and i cant change it.

so as you can see, i have no pigmentatiion at the hairline anymore. thank god it is still there where the scars are in the middle of the forehead, even though it still looks weird. in addition to the ice picks, the laser burned some furhter scars in my skin, which can be only seen under the bathroom light (dont we love it). the icepicks are flatter, but they are still there. so i wonder what i could do to maybe just make them look like enlarged pores...without doing any more harm to my face....:(

post-10887-1247169498_thumb.jpg

post-10887-1247169498_thumb.jpg

whoa!

your skin has almost nothing :o

I would never risk skin like this on dermoabrasion.

Again, for what you want, which is almost perfection HAHA, non-ablative laser on low settings x)

my opinion, of corse.

best wishes!

ps: Series of TCA peels maybe ? :think:

no. believe me, there is a lot going on there. i think the pic is just blurry so you might not see the scars the way they really look. they are still deep, i have pretty oily skin, and then the pigmentation.

it sucks. i try to get an underthebathrooomlight pic tomorrow, so maybe that shows it better.

i had a series of tca peels, didnt help. i am needing now and use salicylic acid. but it doesnt seem to help either and i did it for half a year.

as blurry as a pic that close with such good lighting could be...

there are worse scarring and rough skin textures which can be seen in dark low quality pics. so I agree, dont mess with it. you pretty much want perfection. I wish I was in your predicament stead of mine.

We need to dissect your "Needling" procedure.

Duration? Apparatus? Gauge? topical agents? Etc.

(and jesus i would love to have that forehead. it looks "normal" no icepicks at all. no scarred pores even when i tilt my screen)

These scars are not really visible. Your skin looks more sunburnt / post exfoliated texture than scarred.

post-18492-1247188099_thumb.jpg

post-18492-1247188099_thumb.jpg

yes, my skin looks sunburnt. the problem is i never go out into the sun. never. i wear SPF 45 every day. that was done by the laser.

i have another pic. i hope this makes my scars more visible. in the middle of the forehead, that part that looks like a bunch of enlarged pores. those are scars. as i said, they are tiny, but they are still deep. i mean they got flatter after the co2, but they are still there. you cant sdee the loss of pigmentation here on the pic because of the sunlight.

regarding the needling: it actually made my scars wider. i take vitamin c every day, use scar cream with peptides and specials oils. they heal very well and very fast, but there is no improvement.

(and jesus i would love to have that forehead. it looks "normal" no icepicks at all. no scarred pores even when i tilt my screen)

These scars are not really visible. Your skin looks more sunburnt / post exfoliated texture than scarred.

Again, you never made mention what type of needle you use. It has to be in the highest gauge possible, 31 G upwards to avoid widening.

What is that scar cream "with peptides"? You need something with the highest concentration of copper peptides GHK-Cu (skinbiology, etc)

How patient were you, how long and how often did you needle? At least every day, for one year to see results.

Lamarr also recommends purchasing LED panels

are those small ones enlarged pores or ice pick. does it depend on how many mm?

does needling work on icepicks to realease the bound down part

i started needling in february. i needle once a month. if i needle after 3 weeks, i dont get the plop sound when i break the tissue, so i really need to wait. i always needle my scars untill they bleed. the weird thing is that on day three after needling you nearly cant see anymore that i have needled my scars. i have little red dots on day 1 and 2. but they are nearly gone on day 3.

some of my scars got actually wider, and some appeared out of the blue, like they were hidden under the survace or something. totally odd. but i dont see any improvement yet. not the slightest one. i dont know where to get that copper stuff from. i am currently in germany and havent seen that here :(

you mean i should needle every day? only on the surface or really until it bleeds??

Again, you never made mention what type of needle you use. It has to be in the highest gauge possible, 31 G upwards to avoid widening.

What is that scar cream "with peptides"? You need something with the highest concentration of copper peptides GHK-Cu (skinbiology, etc)

How patient were you, how long and how often did you needle? At least every day, for one year to see results.

Lamarr also recommends purchasing LED panels

omg!! this pic in black and white looks horrible :( but you can acutally also see those scars that the laser gave me. basically everything that is bigger than a pore and a scar was done by the laser, especially where it burned away the pigmentation. so but the main problem is in the middle of the forehead. where are those pores turned into scars.

oh i hate this pic:(

Guest missyjean130

You use a diabetic needle? I think you're better off using an actual dermaroller...so it goes in the specific depth and such too.

how big are the pores in mm versus your pores that are not scarred?

depending on the size tca cross could help

what i like about diabetic lancets is that i can determine how deep i needle my skin, and i always needle just my scars. maybe i should try this dermaroller, but i have the same problem like with the copper cream, i am currently in germany and havent seen those anywhere.. :(

You use a diabetic needle? I think you're better off using an actual dermaroller...so it goes in the specific depth and such too.

that is different: some are up to 2 mm. some are maybe 1 mm, some are maybe even less. if you look at my pic (the one in the sunshine) you will see that i only have those in the middle of the forehead. next to it the skin is so much better (except the scars from the laser), on the pic it looks like this is a reflction from the sunlight, but that is how it actually looks. no scars there, no enlarged pores, i dont even see my pores.

i think tc cross would be hard to handle because my scars are so tiny and i would do harm to the healthy skin.

darn. they are so tiny, there must be something i can do :(

t

how big are the pores in mm versus your pores that are not scarred?

depending on the size tca cross could help

i think tca worsk better if 1mm-2mm

if less than 1mm i think that would be enlarged pore

i dont icepick are less than 1mm?

hm. not sure about the tca. as tehy are so tiny i am scared to destroy healthy skin.

i dont think it depents on the size of the scar. even though it is less than one mm, in my case it is still a scar. (i had laser surgery, and some of them got pretty tiny in diameter, but they are still deep).

so, no, they are scars, i can also tell when i pull the skin, then i can see the scar tissue.

i think tca worsk better if 1mm-2mm

if less than 1mm i think that would be enlarged pore

i dont icepick are less than 1mm?

what does the scar tissue look like?

if not tca what about subscsion or needling

too many for subscision.and i guess they are too small.

i needle, but it doesnt want to help.

scar tissue is reddish in some scars, just weird looking. dont know how describe it. different.

what does the scar tissue look like?

if not tca what about subscsion or needling

is needling suppose to help with ice picks. do oyu just put the needle in the hole until bleeds?

unfortunaly those are only options besdies laser. i would do fractional with tca cross