Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s_s

mama lotion for red marks

hey guys i heard that mama lotion is good for red marks how many of ya'll is usin it or have used it and does it work well?

Are you on Accutane, or is this in the wrong forum? Do not use MaMa if you're still on Accutane, it's a strong AHA and will just burn off your Accutane-thinned skin. I have a bottle that's going to waste because I can't use it on 'tane, but c'est la vie. Whatever.

MaMa does help with red marks, but I think its effects are way overhyped. If you use it regularly and consistently, it will fade FRESH red marks quite quickly - but older ones kind of linger anyway. It's a good chemical exfoliator and such, but it's not the kind of thing you can use for a couple weeks and see dramatic results.

yeah im still on accutane i got 1 more month left and my accutane course is over but im just left with red marks now nd few blk heads and white heads soo i dont know if i should get that mama lotion i want the marks to disappear quickly bcoz they are noticable in day light and i dont like it nd i heard and researched that mama lotion helps and dramatic changes happen ina month using it is that really true?

Hi!

You had asked about my experience with MaMa Lotion. I found that it made my skin softer but my purple scars did not seem to fade. I even got a 20% TCA peel from a dermatologist and it only made a little dent, so I guess I just have tough skin. I'd say that MaMa is worth the money. If I can suggest using the MaMa no more than twice a week and I started using Emu oil every night and before I put on my make-up in the morning and it has kept my face moisturized and soft and it also helps with the regeneration of skin, promotes good blood flow, and is anti-bacterial. I don't sell it or anything, I just have been where you are not knowing what works and wish that someone would have given me some advice. Oh and obviously since I am on here, I have been fighting acne for over 10 years and neither the MaMa nor the Emu oil made me break-out.

I hope this helps you!

--Meghan

Hi!

You had asked about my experience with MaMa Lotion. I found that it made my skin softer but my purple scars did not seem to fade. I even got a 20% TCA peel from a dermatologist and it only made a little dent, so I guess I just have tough skin. I'd say that MaMa is worth the money. If I can suggest using the MaMa no more than twice a week and I started using Emu oil every night and before I put on my make-up in the morning and it has kept my face moisturized and soft and it also helps with the regeneration of skin, promotes good blood flow, and is anti-bacterial. I don't sell it or anything, I just have been where you are not knowing what works and wish that someone would have given me some advice. Oh and obviously since I am on here, I have been fighting acne for over 10 years and neither the MaMa nor the Emu oil made me break-out.

I hope this helps you!

--Meghan

ok cool thanks hun ..i guess i will get that emu oil as well

Those pictures, if they're real, are of people who got very lucky with MaMa lotion. And if you look closely, you'll see that the photo of the girl with acne scars doesn't show very dramatic fading. Lighter hyperpigmentation will probably benefit from MaMa lotion, but I didn't think it had too much of an impact on my red marks. Like I said, I do think it works for new marks but anything over a month old takes ages to fade. I expected dramatic results, but didn't really see them even after a year+ of use.

Still, it's generally a good product and good as a chemical exfoliant - if you don't mind the smell (mildly stinky), texture (sticky), and the algae ingredient. It's also not as expensive as people think, because a bottle will last up to a year.

If you want really dramatic results re: red marks, a chemical peel would probably deliver the fastest. Obviously this isn't an option for you right now, but you may want to look into it post-Accutane. Be careful though - the girl at my derm's office told me she had to go on a second Accutane course after a chemical peel went awry.

thanks for the advice