Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is my first post, I've read a good chunk of this websites msg boards. It makes me feel joined to others that suffer from breakouts. At all levels it is completely devastating no matter the severity. You not only feel bad but almost get treated like less of a person.

I'm going through some difficulties with an ex which may also be the cause of my acne... I'm away on vacation for 5 more days then I have to go back to where him and his new fiance are...This wouldn't bother me so much but for the last 3 mths she has had this mad hate on for me. She's written me nasty txts from my old phone number supposedly from him, written me emails saying I was pathetic and should commit suicide, called me and hung up a bunch of times, called the police on me to say I was harassing her (I don't even know her number cause she always dialed me with a blocked call) she even came to a club I was at and hit me, then got one of her friends to bar me from a few other clubs! Ahhhh this bitch is driving me insane.

Me and him were together for 4 yrs and were engaged then I broke it off a few times because of an age difference and b/c I wanted to finish my masters degree (he wanted a child). So moved out on him and got my own place about 7 mths ago. He started having sex with a 19 yr old hooters girl right away to make me jelous (he would call and tell me about it), when I didn't take him back he got her pregnant (again called and told me), she had a miscarriage (still was fucking calling me) and saying to me that this was all MY fault and I ruined his life blah blah blah. I think she is harassing me now b/c he didn't want to move on and she thinks it's my fault. I donno and I don't think I ever will. Very stressful.

I went away down south to get away from it all. Quit an amazing job at the hospital to be free of this. I've been down here for 3 wks and my acne is gone. I have to go back in 5 days and I'm scared to death. Maybe I should just move...I donno anymore.

Any advice? Good or bad, I'll take it :)

I'm really sorry to hear that all this happened to you. He had no right to remain involved in your life when you clearly didn't want him there. You at least took the higher road and didn't retaliate or do things out of character for yourself. That is very commendable!

I wouldn't move. If you can find it within yourself to stay, I would. He would like nothing more than to have the satisfaction of causing your entire life to be in upheaval...don't give him that if you can help it.

Just know that we are here for you and I bet others in your life are as well. You can get through this period in life, one tiny step at a time. =)

Eek, this sounds like a really horrible situation that you don't deserve to be in. Don't move. Call the police and tell them everything this girl has done - keep a record of what she's done, when, keep all evidence. I hope you don't have to suffer anymore.

Sorry you're going through this hon.

Block them from your buddy list if you're on an instant messenger, set up a filter on your email so any emails from them go directly in the trash folder, and call your cell provider and see if you can have their numbers blocked.

Document everything. Every email, IM, text message, phone call. Then call the police and file a harassment complaint. You have more than enough legitimate cause to do so. Sometimes you just need to play hardball with people like this. Don't retaliate on their level, but filing a complaint with the police will get the message across that you're not intimidated by them.

Hopefully things look up for you!

He started having sex with a 19 yr old hooters girl right away to make me jelous (he would call and tell me about it)

Why did you take his call, you were broken up weren't you?

when I didn't take him back he got her pregnant (again called and told me)

Again, why did you take his call?

My advice would be to quit taking his calls, do not contact him or let him contact you. Do not answer restricted numbers. Actually, better yet, just change your phone number completely. if you are taking his calls you bring all this drama upon yourself.

she even came to a club I was at and hit me, then got one of her friends to bar me from a few other clubs! Ahhhh this bitch is driving me insane.

Um, I hope you filed a police report. Her hitting you is assault, and she should be penalized for it. There are laws that are meant to protect people from violence.

I can relate to your situation. I was harrassed by an ex-boyfriend for a long time (also from a four year relationship that I broke off). I still run into him because we both live in a small town. I have contemplated moving just to avoid him, yet I don't want to give in on principle.

I would also advise you to avoid all contact with this loser and his (clearly jealous and insecure) fiance. With people like this, any type of attention feeds the fire. If you truly feel threatened by them, begin documenting their harrassment and file an order to stop harrassment (restraining order). You do not have to live in fear or let these people stress you out. Perhaps taking a self defense class would make you feel better.

Good luck!