Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris-6

recommend I see a dermatologist?

would you recommend I see a dermatologist or would you go to a derm? I have been treating my acne w/o products through diet and supplements: no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, zinc, b complex, cod liver oil

any other dietary suggestions or supplements i should add?

My acne is better but i still get breakouts, I hope to be 100% clear, I wonder if this is possible through prescriptions in addition to diet/supplements?

would you recommend I see a dermatologist or would you go to a derm? I have been treating my acne w/o products through diet and supplements: no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, zinc, b complex, cod liver oil

any other dietary suggestions or supplements i should add?

My acne is better but i still get breakouts, I hope to be 100% clear, I wonder if this is possible through prescriptions in addition to diet/supplements?

Personally I like a combined approach :angel:

If they say anything that you've researched and disagree with, you don't have to take their word as gospel. I guess it depends if you can afford to.

You could try getting a mild OTC BHA lotion or try aspirin masks. Or a topical with sulfur and/or zinc.

What are your breakouts like? And what do you eat while you aren't eating gluten, dairy and sugar? How about greens? Do you have any digestion issues? What about sleep and exercise?

Definitely pay attention to digestion and perhaps try some a milk thistle supplement for the liver?

Definitely pay attention to digestion and perhaps try some a milk thistle supplement for the liver?

Milk thistle cleared me up for a bit, but when my body got used to it, I broke out bad. People who had never commented on my acne before suddenly had someting to say. It was a bad experience.

Milk thistle cleared me up for a bit, but when my body got used to it, I broke out bad. People who had never commented on my acne before suddenly had someting to say. It was a bad experience.

Eat right for your liver. But the liver is only one more factor in acne.

Hiya, I've been doing the same as you. zinc and b6 supplements, agnus castus, no dairy. Not tried leaving gluten out that would be too difficult for me! My skin has improved through this but I've had enough now after 17 years. Going to see a dermatologist next month to try and rid this problem once and for all. I would say go for it. I've done the natural approach for a few years and although it helps it does'nt cure. Maybe natural combined with orthodox is the way to go.